Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Suggestions for the PVP.net client.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karolina

10-25-2012

I'll try to make it short ("try" being key).

I think the PVP.net thing is so outdated, there are a few useless things in it and it could be so much more user friendly.
Give it some qol buffs !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

First screen.

First thing you see when you run LoL is the server status, the news and these other "news" about:
-referrals (ok)
-the summoner's code (ok)
-the tribunal (ok)
-the youtube channel (ok)
-the new game mode: dominion ! (not ok)

That section needs an update to keep it fresh (like Will Smith !). Dominion has been out since forever now.

Also, Ryze has been there for ages, and always so angry... You could put the latest champion in that spot !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Login.

It's glorious.

Once you log in.

The empty space on the right where the friends list expands, it's useless. Put something in there ! (maybe leave the friends list always open ? idk)

The help button could be way smaller. Like a "?" on the corner. That space could be used for other stuff (like a button that goes straight to the buy RP page).

Just... off the top of my head... this would be a significant change but maybe those buttons could be Store, Profile, Runes, Masteries and Lore instead of the 4 we have now. It would definitely save some clicks (and clicks feel so wonky in this Adobe Air thing).

Probably a BIG thing: let us configure all the ingame settings from the client, from graphics to controls and gameplay stuff.

Store.

Please for the love of all that is good in this world, make it so that it remembers the last tab we had open in the store when we click Profile or any other part of the client.

Buy RP: Make the buy RP page a tab just like the other sections. Right now that popup thing looks so out of place (and it's uncomfortable).

Home: 's cool.

Champions: it's mostly ok, I'd just add filters for the price ranges since there's enough room for more stuff under the existing "Sort by" box.

Skins: can't think of anything wrong with this one !

Themes: just... make more themes please :3

Runes: all I could think of is that it would be cool if you could sort the runes according to how many runes of each type you own but don't have a complete set (ie: put X runes first if you have between 1-8 runes / 1 or 2 quints of X type). Also, it could be useful if it would show you how many runes of each type you have (and if they are in any of your runepages) when you place your cursor on them.

Boosts, Bundles, Other and Codes are ok.

Purchase history: why can't I see ALL my purchases ? I'd like to be able to see my whole history ! Also, show the RP purchase history the same way the IP purchase history is displayed. The pop up sucks.

Player profile.

Profile: it's okay. It could be way more badass (but I have no further input on that !). Seeing honor badges here would be cool.

Ranked stats: 's cool.

Match history: okay. Maybe show more than 10 matches ?

Champions: make it so that we can see what champions other people have unlocked ! Also, it's kinda buggy sometimes (I'm sure it's already been reported by someone else).
Another BIG thing: add an option to customize the recommended item builds for each champion from here. That would be sooo sweet.

Runes: it's mostly okay but only being able to expand one category at a time sucks, just add a scrollbar, remove those huge headers, resize the runes to 1/2 their actual height and just put them in a nice list ordered by color.

Masteries: make that help text way smaller (the one about adding/removing points) and put the overall stat improvements somewhere in there, like the one the runepage section has.

Spells: this is beyond useless. Throw it in a fire or something. Alternatively, add some stats (times used, preferred summoner spells, which champion you used X spell with the most, etc).

Achievements: get on with this !

Lore.

Release more lore :<
You could make it in comic book style ! That would be unbelievably awesome. Even if it was drawn in that sketchy style the JoJ had.

Summoner icons.

Add tons of these. Even if they have to be bought with RP.
Totally unbiased (I'm lying) suggestion: add all the champion avatars !

And I think that's it. For now.

ronbarry9

10-25-2012

totally good ideas, i really liked that one about having the option to change the recommended build

Karolina

10-25-2012

^ Thanks ! I wonder if I should have posted this in GD for more views >.<

BetaKitsune

10-25-2012

well the whole recommended item build has a program you can use to change them yourself and riot knows people used it so thats why there was a bug fix to allow you to use it again in the new shadowisle patch

Antioc

10-25-2012

I have a new idea to add to this. How about give back the ability to create games for one v one. Since the new beta 3v3 they completely removes 1v1 capability. 3v3 is the lowest on all maps, and now that i voiced it on the forums. The first person to reply was completely rude and verbally abusive. And HES A SENIOR MEMBER?

Which leads to my next suggestion. If riot really reads this they should demote and maybe remove posting capability on forums when acting in this maner

DocMan

10-26-2012

Yup. Agreed.
Roommate bump of freedom.

A Master Shaco

10-27-2012

Dëadmetal

10-27-2012

I agree with you on the fact that they need to update the client. Just seems really out-dated to me at this point.

I also think most of these are fantastic ideas.