Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

Sometimes abilities are going on cooldown while appearing to be useable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

For example, in a game earlier, I was playing Eve and ulted as I died. The ability appeared to not go on cooldown, so when I came back up, I tried to use it (failed). After about the normal time, I could use it again, but I had no idea how long the cooldown was - after the next use it showed the cd as normal.

I've seen this happen on other champs without dying - for example this happened to me yesterday with Irelia's Q. It appeared to be usable again after I used it (thought I last hit a creep, must have missed it). Could not use it, didn't show cd, and ~15 seconds later or whatever it was usable again and showed the cd normally.