FPS drop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicBloodLine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

if it's not map specific stuff, then what it could be? The issues I had in 3v3 was in my statistics in 1 of 8 games I had with "Twisted Treeline!"

The game with the issue was the 2nd worser in my ingame score, was 1 of 3 defeats I had testing the map. Sadly, I lost a game that we had early game adventage because that unknown issue that I haven't before o_o

hi im Kurisu

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Just to update you guys. We're looking into some issues affecting performance unrelated to the new map. We don't know why certain particles are hitting performance so much at this point.
I know for a fact that Zyra's "E" was making all 10 players in my game lag earlier, maybe you should look into this. Also i noticed that league usage on my computer is 3x what is usually is.

Bito Maney

10-25-2012

yeeeeey im not alooone

good job chimpy

Recruiter

10-25-2012

while this probably has no effect on the glitch that is happening currently with fps, after this patch i realized that my gui and scrolling speeds were not the same as they were normally on this map. (i haven't played any other maps yet either so i cannot comment on the either.)

Gelion

10-25-2012

Not sure if anyone has said this, but Karthus' alt also causes gamewide lag spike

Kopesh

10-25-2012

I hope this will get fixed,I love this map ;-)

Nicksiren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Yup, they are not map specific issues, that was one of the first things I checked.
So is there a large number of these particles being used on the new map or something? I have recently got FPS hits on Dominion and PG as well since last patch, however it's extremely prevalent on new TT.

LEEROY JEEENKINS

10-25-2012

Quote:
Yup, they are not map specific issues, that was one of the first things I checked.
I'd like to second that this is not a map specific issue with regards to Vayne's ult. From anecdotal evidence from the flurry of games on SR I've played today in addition to the new TT, Vayne's ult seems to be causing lag for the user of it on certain hardware according to Vaynes complaining about it over all chat. Plus, their claims of lag seem to be backed up by decisions like not killing a 1 health Nunu when he's standing next to you :P

However, my buddy in Skype made no complaints about any lag during the time we played a Nunu + Vayne bot lane. It's probably specific to certain graphics cards.

Hope this helps

EDIT- I'd also like to note that my friend has some lag issues in the new TT. If it is indeed the particle effects causing the lag, could we get a second video configuration dialog specifically for each map so we don't have to change our settings when we switch from SR to TT?

CopyWritten

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Karthus ult made me drop from 60 FPS to 15 FPS every time he ulted on the proving grounds.

Miojozord

10-25-2012

Played SR today, with all setting on Medium, got about 45~60 fps, dropping to 20~30 when there's an ult spamming on teamfights :P Same fps as always.
New TT I got about 30 fps medium, dropping to 10~15 when I reach the middle of the map(weird, but happens, as soon as I go past the middle line, the fps drops heavily) and 5~15 on teamfights. But the worst part, all those was with every setting on the lowest possible.