FPS drop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

10-29-2012

I tried the new map today and my FPS dropped horribly.

I went from a steady 60 to 40 all game. Bottom lane is unplayable for me. Everything just lags too much.

Razorwynd

10-29-2012

Riot,

Was it your intention to create a new twisted treeline that was so taxing on those of us with sub par computers? I can imagine that a lot of people, my self included, enjoyed the old twisted treeline because we could play it with without having a serious hit to our frame rate.

Now my only option for gameplay is 1v1 custom games against a bot in summoner's rift... and let me tell you that is a blast!!!

Please let me know if you plan to return the old TT so that I can at least play this fun game.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-29-2012
13 of 13 Riot Posts

If you guys are still having issues would you mind attaching your Dxdiag files to your posts?

Windows -> run -> type "Dxdiag" -> hit enter

Killrazor

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwynd View Post
Riot,

Was it your intention to create a new twisted treeline that was so taxing on those of us with sub par computers? I can imagine that a lot of people, my self included, enjoyed the old twisted treeline because we could play it with without having a serious hit to our frame rate.

Now my only option for gameplay is 1v1 custom games against a bot in summoner's rift... and let me tell you that is a blast!!!

Please let me know if you plan to return the old TT so that I can at least play this fun game.
games advance, graphics get better. Just the nature of pc gaming. Not up to the developers to develop for the lowest end of the pc spectrum. It is up to the pc owner to do upgrades every once in awhile.

They have mentioned there are no plans to bring the old TT back, it would just split the user base up, and would make the TT scene less competitive.

Derpchuz

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
If you guys are still having issues would you mind attaching your Dxdiag files to your posts?

Windows -> run -> type "Dxdiag" -> hit enter
I had some insane lag earlier while I was trying out the new Co-op vs A.I. My settings were on High for everything with no shadows (sound on), had to turn everything down to low with no sound (Elise's voice kept repeating and so did the announcer).

HellFire38

10-30-2012

Like i said before, game starts solid 60 fps each time but in a couple minutes it drops to 9-10 fps, stays like that (unplayable) for a while, then goes back to 60 and then again to 9 ...

Never happened before, now i cant play any map without it happening

Izzabelle

10-30-2012

Here you go.

I played a few more games, but my FPS kept dropping even further. It wasn't uncommon for me to ride out times in 25-35 FPS. Bottom lane seems to hit me hard for some reason.

I can't go to Bottom Lane unless I want the FPS situation to get worse. This doesn't happen on Summoner's Rift -- so hopefully you can help with this, Dannamoth

Razorwynd

10-30-2012

With all settings on low, and no shadows I get 9-5 FPS in the new twisted treeline playing against 1 bot on custom (i.e. the bot is near me). I easily get 25-30 fps against the same bot same settings in summoner's rift. On the old twisted treeline I was always 25-30 fps unless there were large team fights where it would drop to about 23-18 fps, making the old twisted treeline about as taxing of a game as my system could handle. I don't even want to try playing an actual 3v3 on the new twisted treeline against real opponents, I am sure my frame rate would approach 0.

Here is the Dxdiag.txt file you were asking for. I hope this helps somewhat...i would like to continue to play. =]

ScottyRawr

10-30-2012

Most of the problems went away for me after the hot-fix, but it seems that when areas get crowded (doesn't seem to matter which map it is) my FPS will drop. It happens either when team-fights occur or if there are a crowd of minions all huddled in an area. This might be a problem for others too...? Not sure. xD

Edit: Well, now the Vayne ult drops my FPS down to about 45 instead 20. It used to have no problems :/. Certain places seem to just drop my FPS down too it seems as well as random times then it goes back up to 60. O.o

Subalternate01

10-30-2012

Bump