FPS drop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GTyyy

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
We made some updates to part of our engine that handles drawing terrain. This had an unintended side effect of causing the game to re-draw the terrain up to 50 times (in the range of the particle) while certain spells were cast.

This is why karthus' ult was especially bad. It was hitting up to 5 different people and redrawing all that terrain.
Are you guys going to work on this until it's fixed or are you gonna call it a night and work on it tomorrow? Just curious if I should check this for updates or just go do something.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

10-26-2012
11 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyyy View Post
Are you guys going to work on this until it's fixed or are you gonna call it a night and work on it tomorrow? Just curious if I should check this for updates or just go do something.
We have what we believe to be a fix. We're doing some sanity checks to make sure nothing else is impacted. The fix *should* be going out sometime tonight.

Overstimmed

10-26-2012

Quote:
We have what we believe to be a fix. We're doing some sanity checks to make sure nothing else is impacted. The fix *should* be going out sometime tonight.
I really appreciate this man, i was going to go out and get a new power supply and graphics card, keep up the good work. Thank you

DescendedStorm

10-26-2012

not sure if this issue was brought up but i feel like the patch has caused fps drop in not just 3v3 but 5v5 and dominion also, i get lag spikes not necessarily associated with abilities but they do occur more during teamfights. Some moments i have been disconnected during custom game champion select and had to wait 15 seconds to be reconnected, other moments my game fails to load completely during the loading screen.

fromLOMOstreet

10-26-2012

does this also fix the darkflame shyvanas first ult causing the game to freeze up similar to two karthus ults?

Mystik E 1337

10-26-2012

if the hotfix works it should clear up any of the massive fps drops.

Root and Shaw

10-26-2012

im done with the game until the hotfix reinstalling hon until its fixed

oh why does my desktop have to be mia?

Kard0n

10-26-2012

This is rly bad and affecting game play. When a Karthus ult goes of with an mf ult, you literally can not move.

2Dogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Thank you soo much <3

Haeval

10-26-2012

So far, with the recent update, nothing has been fixed with the "bug" problems. I get a little better fps overall after the last download (i assume the requirements were lowered more for the "lowest" settings), but the following mechanics turn my fps to 10, and 1 if two of them are used at the same time in close proximity to each other:

Soraka's starfall
LeBlanc's Teleport move (forget the name)
Vlad's pool
Karth's ulti
Vayne's tumble/ult/ult-tumble
Cait's ult
Akali's shadow circle thingy (although this one isn't as bad)
Skarner's ult
Wu's ult
Let's just say anyone's ult that takes more than 1 second to execute/channel. That makes the list shorter.
Um... there were others, but I'm sure Riot already knows about most of them. If you want me to go back and look at all the others I noticed, I can. Just let me know.