[Petition] Petition to bring back the old TT!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Criztalmeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2012

If you support the belief that the old TT was better than the new one, sign this petition at,
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bbott/
that you want to change it back to the old TT.
If you are indifferent, state some comments.
If you disagree with this, state some comments, share your opinion.

Send the forum link/petition link to anyone you know who supports it, or spam this link on other's forum posts that also support the cause

Peace~

Criztalmeth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Bump ~

Gabe2

10-25-2012

I posted this elsewhere, but it seems appropriate here. Sorry for the repitition, people who manage to read every single forum post.
I REALLY dislike the new TT. The old TT had issues, sure, but it worked. This one just... doesn't.
The shrines are far too powerful. I have only ever been in one game that was fun, and in that one neither team got a hold of the other's shrine. 90 seconds of the two-shrine buff makes your team just plain better. If you manage to get this 2-3 times, then you win, period.
EVERY OTHER MAP has ways to turn around a bad start.
Old TT and normal 5's, you can turtle and eat minion waves to get enough gold to force lategame. Yes, they still have more gold because of jungle control, but you can get enough power to have a chance in a teamfight.
Dominion passively gives gold and gives gold for capturing points, so you can turn the game around at any given time fairly easily.
This map, however... This map is a snowball mechanic all by itself.
The biggest influence on gold is the shrines. If you lose your shrine, you lost it for a minute and a half. In that time, every cs they get is 4 gold bigger than yours, AND after the 90 seconds are gone you have to go head-to-head with the other team to have a chance of getting your shrine back. And even if you manage to win, the odds of you having enough power after the fight to get their shrine is minimal, so they are still stronger than you and they are getting the same amount of gold per cs that you are. You are still losing, and they have the power to hold you off until they can get your shrine again. Even if you DO turn around and get both shrines, they had the advantage first. Odds are, they can hold your team off long enough to get a chance at the shrines. In other maps, a bad early game means you have to play smarter, more carefully. In this map, a bad start means you are desperate. You NEED to get a shrine. You NEED to get on the same footing as them. Turtling will just lead to them having a 6k gold lead at 9 min in. It is almost as if the INTENT of the map is to lead to curbstomps. Riot was unhappy with old TT's ability to prolong games, so they got rid of it even if it means throwing the fun out with the stalling.
I don't even enjoy games where i win anymore, because there is simply no contest. In old 3's, the problem was oftentimes the top lane would become able to solo all 3 players.
In new 3's, by the end of the game (usually 15 mins) every champ on the winning team can solo the entire losing team. And the map is so small, that there is no real choice EXCEPT to run together. Old 3's let you run off alone if you wanted to, and punished you for it. It encouraged thinking as a team, even when there was only 3 of you.
New 3's, you Can't run off alone. Any teamfight will be within 5 seconds of running of you no matter where you go to jungle. There's no thought about the cost of going for this jungle creep. You do it. They are worth a LOT more than they used to, respawn like crazy, are fairly easy to knock over, and honestly are not placed in a manner that causes you to have to choose between being in a potential teamfight and getting more gold. It's insane how lucrative the jungle is. You don't need smite, you don't need a special mastery page, you can just run in, kill everything on your side of the jungle, and be several hundred gold ahead of your allies. Almost anyone can do it, too, because there is practically no early game or late game. Everyone gets gold out the ass so champs that can do well with no items (and therefore don't do much with their first 825 gold) are hampered at their primary time in the game. Then they got killed at the shrine fight, so they have a lower gold : cs ratio, and then they lose so horribly that you can't do anything about it, and at the 15 they are so far ahead you delay surrendering for 30 seconds so you can see the nexus blow up twice.

TL; DR: i understand i have not had much time to play this map, but it is not fun. At all.
3's was my favorite map. If something is not done, i may stop playing League of Legends altogether. I am definitively going to stop buying RP cards in the store unless some move to appease the player base is made.

Criztalmeth

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Shameless Bump for TT justice

Iridium

10-26-2012

TT was a map that was meant to be very fast paced and for a quick game when you don't have time for a full SR game. The changes they made to TT does just that. I've never had a game last longer than 20-25 minutes, and that's perfect. Games are super fast paced, ganks every 30 seconds and the contesting points are a thrill to try and get.
I'm not going to support changing TT back, but I would support having both maps available.

Criztalmeth

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Another bump for TT justice~

Criztalmeth

Recruiter

10-26-2012

Bump, Hurr

Bėrnard

10-26-2012

Signed. I think the new map is great, but it's way more of a 3v3 version of the dominion mode. Both should be available at all times.

MĆ©thode

10-26-2012

What about those altars are replaced by Xel'Naga's-like towers? (Obviously name,graphic changed). Where the only way to have it fonction is to stand by it?

EDIT: for those who may have not played SC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8KUybCJ9kg <--- shows how they work.

MolagBal666

10-26-2012

Signed. This New TT is not league of legend just a big noob game just go from u and try kill ...