Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Grey Warwick Skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

The Council

11-20-2009

SO! I want this.. Really badly! Problem is there's a bit of a controversy:

1. It's not in the store
2. I have 3410 Riot Points (Amount needed to buy the Champion Bundle)
3. I don't want to buy the champion bundle if the Grey Warwick skin is being put in the store soon!

So can I get an update on this? I've been begging soo much

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

11-20-2009

We don't have immediate plans to put the Warwick skin in the store. I'll see what I can do though !

Jaira

Recruiter

11-20-2009

Yeah, I want this skin really badly too :/

WΎÅRР؃ LØLŽ

11-20-2009

Quote:
Pendragon:
We don't have immediate plans to put the Warwick skin in the store. I'll see what I can do though !

Pendragon why don't you guys look around at F2P online game stores and learn a few things? This store is no fun after we waited so long for it.

You need a discount when it launches and EVENT to attract purchases and create excitement, make us think we are getting a good deal for buying now.

You need many, many skins, people love to look original, it is the only thing that makes you stand out as far as looks, why would you have only 8 at launch? It takes 10 minutes for my friend to make better ones than your pro artists have in the store right now, so it can't be a time issue.

You made a big deal calling the fake launch a "celebration" why the hell wouldn't you make a real celebration event for the store grand opening and give us some nice deals and tons of fun?

No surprises, no event, really poor man. The game is great overall, but these kind of things make Riot seem amateur and very unaware of what they are doing in the F2P business so far.

Noetherian

11-20-2009

The Grey Warwick skin looks awesome.

Also, the store needs more skins in general! :->

Frozt

The Council

11-20-2009

Quote:
Pendragon:

TY fine sir, your kindness is appreciated!

Quote:
johnnyt305:
Pendragon why don't you guys look around at F2P online game stores and learn a few things? This store is no fun after we waited so long for it.

You need a discount when it launches and EVENT to attract purchases and create excitement, make us think we are getting a good deal for buying now.

You need many, many skins, people love to look original, it is the only thing that makes you stand out as far as looks, why would you have only 8 at launch? It takes 10 minutes for my friend to make better ones than your pro artists have in the store right now, so it can't be a time issue.

You made a big deal calling the fake launch a "celebration" why the hell wouldn't you make a real celebration event for the store grand opening and give us some nice deals and tons of fun?

No surprises, no event, really poor man. The game is great overall, but these kind of things make Riot seem amateur and very unaware of what they are doing in the F2P business so far.

Discounts are happy days, but honestly I know so many people spending a lot of money on the store. I myself spent an additional $15, and that's after I bought the digital preorder.

WΎÅRР؃ LØLŽ

11-20-2009

Quote:
Frozt:
TY fine sir, your kindness is appreciated!

Discounts are happy days, but honestly I know so many people spending a lot of money on the store. I myself spent an additional $15, and that's after I bought the digital preorder.

Yea I know many will still purchase, we waited so long.

But if they put a lil thought into the whole thing, they would get double the money the first week.

Make the store launch an event like every other game in town. make people believe they are getting a good deal , a discount, make them feel they are part of something special "grand opening."

They will still make money no doubt, but they would make much more if they had even one person on their staff that knew anything at all about grand opening events and how to run a F2P store.

Phunbaba

11-20-2009

If Riot really wanted to make some real world cash, they would have an alternative skin or two for EVERY single champion. People are vain above all things and will spend their money on cosmetic things.

Stratoss

11-20-2009

Agreed on this one, I was slightly disappointed with the lack of skins released (only a meager 8). There were 2 Champions I was planning to get upon the opening of the store (Blitzcrank and Gangplank) but I ended up only getting Blitz because the ghost skin for Gangplank was unavailable.

Nubiaterising

11-20-2009

I gotta go with johnnyt305 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=27237#),and it was well put. There are a few things that really need implementing. I know things are just gettin goin and all. Johnny does have a point though.

This is like it,what all have been waiting for,and these are all the skins that ya got? I would rather have maps before skins though.

If it's gonna be this sparse with skins,and maps,I am not looking forward to the future of LOL.