Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot should remake Very Low to true very low PCs and really improve FPS?

Yes! We have low PCs and low FPS, so we want more! 105 83.33%
NO! 21 16.67%
Voters 126 .

Great idea to improve performance on Low Settings!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xman1231

11-01-2012

Quote:
HaterzBetterStop:
Some people have parents that don't want them spending ANYTHING.
To be honest, League is just moving on.
They can't deal with old computers any more. They've tried, and it just isn't working.
They need the graphics to appeal to the future, which they've proven is ADULTS.
That's right, the majority of gamers aren't people under 18.
Therefore, they have money to bust on their computers, and money to spend on RP.
Therefore, Riot sees that they should improve graphics instead of spending their resources on reverse compatibility.
You see where this is going?

wow i didn't know you work for riot can i get some champion skins.

KyroRayne

Recruiter

11-01-2012

Just invest in a new graphics card, more ram, OR just get a newer desktop for $400 that can outperform that without trying. I know that some people don't have money for it, but that's why you can try to upgrade some of the parts since older parts are A LOT cheaper.

Technology improves at a very fast pace, and Riot has been keeping up with that as much as possible. However, there is only so much that can be done for older models without pulling the settings down for those of us with high end computers.

Maybe they can have base models and effects that can cater to lower end PCs, but that could be more time consuming and a hassle. I'm not aware of the process of how it is done, but Riot is doing what it can as best it can. Riot isn't one to leave it's players behind. Look at what they have done for Korean players who use a certain internet cafe.

Amzin

Recruiter

11-01-2012

The recent graphics update was already a performance improvement for a lot of lower end pcs (obviously some specific hardware configs didn't agree with this, but that's inevitable). I just spent $300 on a PC kit from tiger direct for my wife that runs League at max settings and 80+ fps. Getting it to run at modest settings at 60fps is dirt cheap, as others have said. If you literally aren't ALLOWED to spend money on a pc, I feel bad for you but considering Riot has already revamped the graphics once I don't know that I would spend any more resources on overhauling part of it again. If you just think it's too expensive, just save up for a month or two and bam, $50 for new PC/parts :P

Destroyzen

11-01-2012

I understand what you guys want to say, but think with me! Riot obvious can make very low settings more low possible, just edit graphics and save as bad (like you edit a photo on photoshop, saving photoshop with % quality). I don't know if this is possible, but Riot can try to make this! And some champion effects is not "very lowed", like Sona, Vayne and Yorick effects...

Yesterday I was playing Proving Grounds and getting an incredible 25+ FPS with no drop! But was only 1 time. And look, i play with everything closed, even disabled a lot of Windows services to free more RAM.

I can't spend on PC for now, and even when I get this, I want Riot save low computers, not just me.

Can a red post on it? Can Riot decrease even more the VERY LOW graphics? We all can know this option is just for peoples with really bad computers...

Please Riot, I love you! I want to play League of Legends forever!

Graiskye

11-01-2012

Yeah Riot should cater to people who have ten year old PC's that's really a smart business decision.
Why the **** would they waste dime one on people with PCs that are so ****e they can just barely run the game I m tired of waiting for ten minutes for that one assho who cant upgrade
I dont care if your poor, the PC I play on is a POS it cost 200$ but at least it can run the game without ruining other peoples experience.
Hers a tip if your the last person loading in every singe time, you need a new PC or just quit, I dont really care which.

Graiskye

11-01-2012

Quote:
lagNZ:
they've already done this. if you get less than 60fps on very low then go spend $100 on a computer thats 10x better than your own. not even kidding if you get less than 60fps on very low then your computer runs win98 and is probably made of cardboard. I'll sell you my old one that cost me $400 about 8yrs ago, it can run LoL on high with v.sync on at 50-60fps.

Bull****. You lie and you know it..
Ive run LoL on probably a dozen different PC's over the past couple of years, never has a low power PC ever gotten over 30 FPS and that on med, run on high and youll get 10-15. Thats on a three year old generic laptop or desktop, the desktop will usually outperform simply because it runs a lot cooler.
You do not need 50-60 fps to play.

Yasako

11-01-2012

I have a $600 laptop bought a year or two ago. It runs at ~30 fps (~5-15 fps during teamfights) on Medium settings, besides Effects, which is on Very Low, and Characters, which is on High. Shadows are disabled, and I set mipmapping/antialiasing/etc to the lowest possible settings in my AMD Catalyst manager.

Conclusion: LoL could be optimized a lot more. It shouldn't take $1,000+ to be able to play LoL at acceptable settings with an acceptable FPS while traveling. Being that my parents are always abroad and always demand that I go strange places with them (no, not a brothel), I need to be have a computer that is mobile. Desktops are out of the question, although I could get one that runs LoL at all-high for $500.

Destroyzen

11-01-2012

Quote:
Graiskye:
Yeah Riot should cater to people who have ten year old PC's that's really a smart business decision.
Why the **** would they waste dime one on people with PCs that are so ****e they can just barely run the game I m tired of waiting for ten minutes for that one assho who cant upgrade
I dont care if your poor, the PC I play on is a POS it cost 200$ but at least it can run the game without ruining other peoples experience.
Hers a tip if your the last person loading in every singe time, you need a new PC or just quit, I dont really care which.

Dude, I spent around 50 dolars on RP only this month, so, sure low computer users don't give money to Riot? I just cannot spend more than 1K on new PC, because If i'll get a new one, need to be a "bad ass, I can run Crysis 2 or everything on full graphics", since computers is not disposable and I don't want to buy new PC every year. And it'll take a lot of months to collet money, since I am not from USA and on my country everything has a lot of fees, increasing anything by 65%+ (e.g Iphone 4S 16gb cost in here around 984 dolars).

And it's not the case. Riot needs to respect every player, including low computers users, even if they don't spend money in game!

Destroyzen

11-01-2012

Please guys, help this topic so Riot can read it!

LeFraka

11-01-2012

Thought I think this should be something they should do but not the focus LoL can be played on a computer that have intergrated garbage from years ago, at 60+ FPS which is a requirement for any game. But if you can't play LoL w.o lagging you should get a new computer it must have been made in 2000 or something.