Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riot should remake Very Low to true very low PCs and really improve FPS?

Yes! We have low PCs and low FPS, so we want more! 105 83.33%
NO! 21 16.67%
Voters 126 .

Great idea to improve performance on Low Settings!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destroyzen

10-25-2012

Hi everyone!

League of Legends is a game with beautiful graphics when played on very high settings with shadows and everything activated, but a lot of peoples have museum PCs, and unable to play over to very low settings.

A lot of peoples who plays on Very Low is who want to get maximum FPS possible, with no lags, crashes (like bug splat) or freezes.

Take my example... Everytime a Sona is on game, my pc freezes a bit when she appears (not when she is present, just on "ta-da&quot. On teamfights, if everyone on bush and I enter there, my game will freeze until I die and all effects ended (include Sona effects, most lagging). It occurs even when Vayne activated her ulti, looks like she is so "heavy".

So, to help peoples with low computers, should be good decrease a bit more the details on very low settings. Removing unecessary elements from scenario and simplifying even more spells effects. I think it can boost between 15% - 30% from FPS. Peoples like me who got average 15-20 FPS like me, could get 30+ at MINIMUM! I believe it! Peoples who want graphics can play on low or better options. Leave very low only for us who want more and more FPS!

Another strong thing I want to talk about is the launcher. This cost a lot of CPU and RAM that could be used playing a game! Sometimes, when I'm playing a match and a friend talk with me via chat (from lobby > game), my FPS drops instantly to 3 and I need to wait 5sec to get back to normal. After this, randomly my FPS still dropping, because the launcher is trying to call attention or something like, maybe because the chat is there blinking (like MSN).

Checking on Windows Task Manager, I can see the launcher (on game, receiving chat, with lag) takes average 65% from CPU (i have celeron 420 1.6GHZ) and 400MB from RAM (i have 1,5gb). It is too hard, so i need to close launcher via Task Manager to free more RAM/CPU. In normal state, it costs 22% CPU and max 200MB RAM.

So, not for low computers, but for everyone: Try to rework ou create new launcher (NOT using Adobe Air) more fast and soft/smooth. So, even playing a game, the launcher will not takes more from our low computers and the game will not be interrupted.

You guys can think I just want this for me, but it's not true. I know everyone have low computers, since I read topics when the new interface/SR rework to improve performance was released, so I know RIOT CAN DO MORE FOR US!

Please, help this topic and say what you think about it. Vote on poll so Riot can help us!

TR;DL: Riot should leave Very Low settings for low computers players and improve even more performance on this level, since we need to play with high FPS, so graphics in this case is not the important. Other players with better computers can play yet on low, medium, high and very high.

Aditionally, players who have low FPS please use the form below to help Riot:

Average FPS:
Teamfight FPS:
Processor:
RAM:
Graphic Card:
*Attach your dxdiag.

And starting by me:

Average FPS: 20
Teamfight FPS: 8
Processor: Intel Celeron 420 1.6GHz
RAM: 1,5GB
Graphic Card: Intel 82945G Express 256MB shared from RAM (onboard)

Thanks everyone and waiting for Riot response!

Destroyzen

10-25-2012

bump

ReluctantFantasy

10-25-2012

or they can just fix it instead of coming up with patches that decrease FPS from 60-5 when vayne uses ultimate or there is a team fight, previous patch I was fine playing around 40 fps in heavy team fights now I get 10

Destroyzen

10-25-2012

Quote:
ReluctantFantasy:
or they can just fix it instead of coming up with patches that decrease FPS from 60-5 when vayne uses ultimate or there is a team fight, previous patch I was fine playing around 40 fps in heavy team fights now I get 10

I think needs to remake some Champions spells, since some ultis has shadows and heavy details that should be disabled on very low...

Destroyzen

10-26-2012

bump

christoc

10-26-2012

If you go out now and buy a 50 computer I think you can increase your FPS by 25-30%

KesslerCOIL

10-26-2012

they've already done this. if you get less than 60fps on very low then go spend $100 on a computer thats 10x better than your own. not even kidding if you get less than 60fps on very low then your computer runs win98 and is probably made of cardboard. I'll sell you my old one that cost me $400 about 8yrs ago, it can run LoL on high with v.sync on at 50-60fps.

KesslerCOIL

10-26-2012

Quote:
Destroyzen:

Average FPS: 20
Teamfight FPS: 8
Processor: Intel Celeron 420 1.6GHz
RAM: 1,5GB
Graphic Card: Intel 82945G Express 256MB shared from RAM (onboard)

Thanks everyone and waiting for Riot response!

You can literally spend less than $50 and get a graphics card 3x better than that... same with the CPU.

Destroyzen

10-31-2012

bump.

Unfearing

10-31-2012

Quote:
lagNZ:
You can literally spend less than $50 and get a graphics card 3x better than that... same with the CPU.

Some people have parents that don't want them spending ANYTHING.
To be honest, League is just moving on.
They can't deal with old computers any more. They've tried, and it just isn't working.
They need the graphics to appeal to the future, which they've proven is ADULTS.
That's right, the majority of gamers aren't people under 18.
Therefore, they have money to bust on their computers, and money to spend on RP.
Therefore, Riot sees that they should improve graphics instead of spending their resources on reverse compatibility.
You see where this is going?