Nidalee's splash art must be among the most outdated ones in the entire game

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polite Heathen

10-25-2012

Dont even mention Taric. Not even once. The WORST looking champ in the game. WUT.

MekenShonitin

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarz View Post
I keep bringing this up, but...

While I was patching earlier, there was a bunch of Nidalee stuff in there.
I did as well, I'm hoping for the Bewitching Nidalee Skin to become purchasable.

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

For the love of all that is holy please do NOT change Pharoah Nidalee's splash art. It's already great!

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-25-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJulian View Post
P.S. ricklessabandon you said in one of the threads regarding the next champion remodel that there's one coming really soon after TF can we have a little hint of who could it be? please
sorry, no hints. when we do give new information, we'll just outright tell you who it is.

JustAGhost

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
basically anyone that comes up a lot when we do a visual update in on a list of champions we want to update. nidalee, sivir, sion, annie, et al are ones we have an eye on.
it's less an issue of if we should and more an issue of what order we should do them in.

edit: i mean both splash and character models, btw.
Akali needs to be added to that list.

bruce ıee

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniaGhost View Post
Akali needs to be added to that list.
So does Kennen. His model is pretty bad, incredibly outdated compared to what Riot produces these days (just compare him to the most recent Yordle, Lulu, and you can see the massive amount of difference between the two as far as quality and detail is concerned).
Also, his swamp master skin is absolutely terrible. I bought it because it was cheap, but it's probably the worst skin I own.

GG Crono

10-25-2012

So as long as this thread has somebody's attention...

When Nidalee finally gets her visual rework, is she going to keep her bronzey skin tone? The League has a serious lack of non-white champions, and it would be a shame to see one of the few we do have get bleached.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

10-26-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG Crono View Post
So as long as this thread has somebody's attention...

When Nidalee finally gets her visual rework, is she going to keep her bronzey skin tone? The League has a serious lack of non-white champions, and it would be a shame to see one of the few we do have get bleached.
the basic question we answer when doing these updates is 'if we made this champion today, what would they look like?' it's primarily a fidelity update to make the model (and/or splash art) much more faithful to the concept/character.
when nidalee gets her update, we'd still want her to have the same vibe, so there isn't need to worry about 'bleaching' or anything like that. the current 'idea' of nidalee is great, it's just the execution that needs some love.

Splinterheart

10-26-2012

The moment Nidalee gets her model update, I'll buy/play her. I've had my eye on her for some time and plan on getting her once her model becomes amazing :P

Dah other Blob

10-26-2012

I think if anyone needs new art ASAP it would probely be Sion and Yi, then Nid, because Yi's so outdated and dark.