Should Twisted Treeline and Shadow Isles be sperate maps?

Yes. 422 81.00%
No. 99 19.00%
Voters: 521. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot. Community has spoken, Keep TT and make Shadow isles a NEW MAP.

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mastersmash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachy Chan View Post
Many people have been complaining about the new Shadow Isles map that is replacing Twisted Treeline.
There are many reasons for people to complain:
- This ruins maokai's lore.
- Its like a mashup of Dominion and Treeline
- Too much detail, makes old computers run slow
- Why altars
- Removal of Grez
- No buyable wards
- Less jungle space
- Blink champs are ruined
- Speed boost WTF???
- Cant buy some items
- SI specific items
- Where do all these jungle mobs fit in?? Riot said that they (Phreak) wanted this remake to be focused on the jungle basically.

Your list of complaints is literally just a list of things they changed.(and they only changed it based on player feedback.) I agree with riot in every single example listed above.

P.S. Too much detail, makes old computers run slow? This is the worst graphics game that I have installed on my whole rig, your computer must be a POS. Get with the times grandpa.

Alkein

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradunk View Post
they really need to focus less on fixing maps in game, and release completely new ones. Ones that would fill out more areas in runeterra. like a jungle / swampy map or a desert.

Yeah, like they can always just split the part of the map that is shadow isles (contains treeline) into 2 sections,
otherwise without adding maps, whats the point of that huge clickable map in the custom game creation menu?

Alkein

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersmash View Post
Your list of complaints is literally just a list of things they changed.(and they only changed it based on player feedback.) I agree with riot in every single example listed above.

P.S. Too much detail, makes old computers run slow? This is the worst graphics game that I have installed on my whole rig, your computer must be a POS. Get with the times grandpa.
Learn to read, i dont get lag on this map, but many people do, why are you so butthurt that we want two seperate maps?

Sabotag

10-27-2012

It is clear that the community wants both map.

It is clear that riot doesn't give a sh*t.

Squallian

10-27-2012

Old TT was broken.

New TT is fixed with minor things that need to be tweaked.

Theres no reason for you to have two seperate maps which are almost identical.

Just a bunch of complaints with no real bearing.

WrathgarWarlord

10-27-2012

Bump, love how riot is ignoring these kind of posts. seems like the majority of the community hates this new map.

Haeval

10-27-2012

@Squallian
@Riot

They changed TT based on player feedback. So let's look at that. Players complained mostly that the endless siege scenario was ruining TT. That is, the summoner portal was too close to the last tower/nexus.

Players also complained that it was too easy to use small moves (trynd's spin, etc) to escape because of the thin walls, and that the positioning of bushes made ganks a bit retarded.

I agreed with these.

SO, when Riot said they were going to change the map a little to make these things better, I don't think anyone who actually liked the old TT and played it thought that this was going to be the result:

No creature buffs.
No top-jungle paths that hide boss-buff taking.
No wards.
Spawn portal WAY TOO FAR away, like in Dominion, so there's no point in trying to come back from a slight disadvantage.
Even MORE retarded bush-placing, negating ganking altogether, but encouraging whole teams running around in the jungle half the time.
New items that encourage teamfights over laning (along with lack of wards).
Capture points that encourage teamfights over laning.
Capture point buffs/boss buffs that create snowball effects.
Almost forced tanky ad champion selection.
Retarded neutral minion placing/gold-gain/difficulty schemes.

All of these things, and more, make this map something new altogether. It is no longer a TT map. The reason why we hate it is because it isn't a fix. The old map was just scrapped, and now a whole game aspect that so many people love no longer exists at all.

Does this mean the new map is terrible? NO! A few small fixes can make it a fun, viable map. What this means is IT IS NOT TWISTED TREELINE. Bad form, Riot. Bad form.

EDIT: After a lot of pondering, I came up with some possible reasons for everyone's feelings toward the new TT.... Go here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2732139

BigDaddyRelish

10-27-2012

As a high ranked Dominion player, I don't get the same vibe at all from TT that I do from Dominion. Really, I think people are being extremely hasty when they compare Dominion to TT when they see a speed shrine and two points that you can capture, but honestly it doesn't play a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g like Dominion.

I like a lot of the new changes to the map honestly. I liked the idea of 3v3 before and how tense the matches could be, but it just didn't play out very well because of the jungle, and the absolute complete dominance of a small handful of champs over pretty much everyone else, and there being almost no way to break a team that knew how to turtle properly. I really like the new items, and I actually like the altars.

I like the altars because it GIVES strategy, I honestly have no clue how you could say it takes it away. Most early fights are going to start by the altars yes, just like how they would frequently start at bot brush and eventually red buff. From what I've seen, the altars change hands so frequently that it doesn't ruin the game. I've had a lot of fun collaborating with teammates over how to keep control of our altars, and take the enemy's.

A lot more champions seem more viable than before, and I can actually finally kill champs like Shaco/Kass if they make a mistake, even though they are still very good champs.

A lot of people are going to be dissapointed that what they knew and loved is being changed, but TT really needed a dramatic overhaul like this to get the attention it deserves again. At least give it a chance, I'm having a lot of fun with it and I think if you approached it with the right mindset you'd end up liking it too.

Exadin

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWW View Post
You know whats cool? Ignore the altars, BAM! Then you can play and not have to feel like it's dominion.
not just convene the other team to do that same thing and your golden. oh and hack the game so u can have wards

also i agree with what the thread is organically about

Alkein

10-27-2012

Yeah, the only thing we wanted changed in our Twisted treeline was the turtling problem, the thin walls and make jungling a bit more viable/easy
They didnt have to destroy everything we loved.
They also killed grez and turned him into a ****ty ass version of wriggles.... -__-
Not amused riot....

1234567 ... 11