New TT is fun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Adjnoun

10-25-2012

I don't get why you all hate it.

The map design is more balanced the original and the only argument I have seen against it so far is CAUSE DOMINION.

Cheeto101

10-25-2012

People see "capture points" and automatically decide "I don't like it, its dominion" when there is a key difference between capturing points that give buffs and capturing points to win a game.

Its like saying that old TT was the same as SR because it had a neutral dragon.

Thomas500

10-25-2012

This map blows......the players have spoken...look at the threads, its **** and noone likes it.

Adjnoun

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas500 View Post
This map blows......the players have spoken...look at the threads, its **** and noone likes it.
90 percent of the anti new TT posts are this, reactionary posts from morons who fear change. I have seen very little well reasoned arguments for why this map sucks.

Poetical

10-25-2012

Haven't played it enough to get a good feeling for it yet, but in the last game we spent the first 15 minutes playing "cap the altars" until my team suddenly remembered there were towers. I think the map might be ok once we all get used to it, but the altars might draw too much attention to themselves.

I wonder if they shouldn't unlock after 3 or 5 minutes instead of almost immediately.

Thomas500

10-25-2012

The fact of the matter is the new TT changes the whole gameplay. People wanted to play the original game on a smaller map which is why the old TT was made in the first place. This changes the gameplay and is retarted for people that want to play with original game play. People aren't scared of the change, they want to play the orginal game like on SR and with all the changes you've made an entirely different game like dominion.

Attilian

10-25-2012

It is the original gameplay. Just with a new element in the altars. If it were completely different then the objectives would be different. I don't get the issue. All I see is people who don't like unique elements meant to balance it so not everything is bruiser.

Exqzr

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
It is the original gameplay. Just with a new element in the altars. If it were completely different then the objectives would be different. I don't get the issue. All I see is people who don't like unique elements meant to balance it so not everything is bruiser.
It's not even close to the original game play.

The only thing similar is that is 2 lanes, 3 v 3 kill the nexus, otherwise it's completely different.

If these changes were dropped on the SR map and the current one discarded LoL would die.

That said, I like some of the things about the new map. Just don't confuse it as Twisted Treeline that is like saying Checkers is the Same as Chess.

Exqzr

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjnoun View Post
90 percent of the anti new TT posts are this, reactionary posts from morons who fear change. I have seen very little well reasoned arguments for why this map sucks.
The map doesn't suck. It's a great effort. But it is just a totally different game experience. I for one like the old game experience better.

I like what Riot is trying to do, but honestly I will likely drop TT and play SR, which is unfortunate because I like SR about half as much as the old TT.

msa

10-25-2012

I love the old TT and i love the new one too, it's simply not the same gameplay, btw i hate dominion.