Favorite Skin?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Locke Cole

10-25-2012

I really love that you have taken ideas from the community - Pool Party Ziggs, AstroNautilus, Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, and Battle Bunny Riven have all been great additions to the game.

As far as just over all "well done" skins - Foxfire Ahri, Infernal Alistair, Pulsefire Ezreal, Arcade Sona, Sandstorm Katarina, and Dragonslayer Vayne are all amazing.

I'd really like to see more comedic skins - Gentleman Cho'gath and Corporate Mundo have a way of lightening some of the frustration that might otherwise come during a game, and while they're a bit sillier, I think they have a place in the game too.

RiotMindbullets

Associate Development Manager

10-25-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

As for myself my favorite skin has to be Mad Scientist Singed. He's my favorite champion and I love the aesthetic of the classic mad scientist for him. It matches how I feel when I play him.

P.S. Please chase me as Singed, I promise the poison doesn't hurt THAT much.

Aqualisk

10-25-2012

Tyrant Swain. The extra touches done to his particle effects just makes him feel so much more powerful.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

The mafia/gangster skins are really good but I wish they had voiceover like the league of noire video...

Spellthief Lux is probably my favourite skin. Oh and the 'lady gaga' Vayne with the feather hat thing... is it victorian? Love that one.

Silent Reaper

10-25-2012

I'm a fan of the subtly funny skins.
Ex: Definitly Not Blitzcrank, Zombie Brand, and Astronaut Teemo. (Fiddlesticks isn't THAT great imo)

Skins with really cool art rework and really FEEL different.
Ex: Wukong Jade Dragon, Fire Warwick, Pulsefire Ezreal.

Skins that have a recolor without any significant change in contrast feel really bad imo.
*cough *cough garen

Other skins which explore awesome ideas are also good such as
Bunny Riven, Ziggs.

Also, groups of skins such as Pentakill, Demacia, and Noxus Elite are pretty cool.

Edit: I'll think of others in a bit..

Skins needs to really "feel" different if I want to buy them. It's the main reason why I don't buy for example, Sanguine Garen.
When I buy a skin I want to play the champion I love, but with a completely new feel. When I play Astronaut Teemo, I'm no ordinary Yordle, I'm a flippin Yordle from outerspace with a laser gun zapping my enemies away. This is what makes a skin great. Keep the champion the same, but explore different VERSIONS of the same champion.
Ex: Nidalee, Maid Nidalee, Pharoah Nidalee, Bewitched Nidalee. This is exactly why Nidalee skins are so successful. They FEEL different but hold the same primitive aspects.

My favorite skins are currently.
Kitty Kat Katarina, PFE Ezreal, Jade Dragon Wukong, FireFox and Midnight Ahri come close, Fire Dancer Draven and Galatic Nasus.

Can you give Galatic Nasus some special effects love please? It needs just oh so more to be one of the best skins in the League!

Mick Swagger

10-25-2012

Toy soilder gangplank, because it makes him look like a real toy unlike the nutcracko skin which just make it look like hes in a suit

TheMasterZails

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Jerassic Cho'gath
Jerassic Kog'maw

Team Jerassic Park FTW!!

Carrn

10-25-2012

I like too many to put in a comprehensive list, but I'd say I really like funny ones. I haven't liked a skin as much as Zombie Brand in a long time. Arcade Sona was a really good one too.

If I had to pick one it would be Pre-Void Kassadin. I love skins that totally change the look of the champion, like Reverse Annie. Skins such as both of Skarner's, which don't really involve anything other than a recolour, I find less appealing.

Ecclessian

10-25-2012

One skin in particular that I really like is Vayne's dragonslayer skin. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the armor is shaped in such a way that gives Vayne an almost raptor-like appearance (embodying Vayne's traits like speed, agility, and calculated attacks).

Dunno what else to say, I got the skin maybe last week and I think it's one of the best out there.

Also, Scorched Earth Xerath is flippin' awesome. The new particles on his skills look great ( in particular the ultimate, leaving a brimstone effect after impact). Though, if I may offer some criticism, I feel like all Xerath's skins should have at least a different color for his spells. I don't use his Battlecast skin at all simply because I'm this red-energy-being shooting bright blue magic. It just seems....off.

Please continue creating all the awesome content you can guys!

Zumorr

10-25-2012

My favorite skin has got to be Ironascale Shyvana (First skin I spent money on). I think the splash art was amazing. In game I get a chuckle out of the armored braid.
I'm torn between Bruce Lee sin. Or Muai-Thai Lee Sagat (Pick-a-top-tier!)
Then its gotta be Corporate Mundo.

The skin I use the most is Kyptonite (Emerald) Taric....sooo outrageously green.