@Riot Hate to say it, but I think I'm quitting 3v3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yago Xiten

02-11-2013

When I make a game with my friends, in the lobby it has nearly 1300 wins listed. I would say 5/6 or so of those are on the Twisted Treeline. I played it almost exclusively with my two best friends IRL an hour or two every day for months and well...

I think I'm done with it. I don't really like 5v5, but I love LoL, so I guess I have no other options, really (Dominions great but not the same).

This ridiculous health stacking meta game has made the already way overpowered bruiser teams almost literally the only way to win on the map. All of my favorite champions are useless.

Bluntly put, 3v3 is broken.

You can't play AP casters anymore. You can't play ADC anymore. You're squishy, deal less damage later, and suck early on.

Evey game it's always Pantheon, Darius, Garen, Wukong, Jayce, etc. Basically 3500 health bricks running around with Black Cleaver, Maw of Malmortius, Mercurial Scimitar, Frozen Mallet, Runic Bulwark, Ravenous Hydra, and so on..

It's just impossible to wear them down, and the turrets do no damage. You can get turret dove and killed as early as level 3 or 4.

I mean, even Xerath won't help bring down their health. They can still deal more damage to me before I can nuke them down--and my Xerath build on TT hits nearly 700 AP and over 250 Armor, max CDR, and includes a Blackfire Torch.

Until bruisers and/or their items get nerfed, 3v3 just isn't fun anymore. It started out great on the Shadow Isles...then everyone figured out that you could stack Black Cleavers, and it's been just downhill from there.

It's pretty depressing and disheartening, I've got probably 60 days of play time on my account, almost all on TT, and my favorite mode is virtually unplayable.

I like you guys at Riot quite a lot you guys make my favorite game and are pretty community involved... That said, I can't help feel a little ignored because bruisers were supposed to be fixed and they're stronger than ever.

Can we talk about fixing this? I don't mean to try and be rude but I feel like others feel the same way.

Goggris

02-11-2013

Two things: 1) The health meta is relatively new, and it affects 5v5 just as equally. 2) An all bruiser team will not win. We always run at least 1 AP. 3 AD bruisers is extremely counterable.

Yago Xiten

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Two things: 1) The health meta is relatively new, and it affects 5v5 just as equally. 2) An all bruiser team will not win. We always run at least 1 AP. 3 AD bruisers is extremely counterable.
Before health, it was defenses and health.

An all bruiser team wins a lot better than all AP, or AP/ADC/Bruiser, or any other team comp aside from 2 Bruiser/AP.

It's still difficult to counter, and champion match-ups can render that a lot harder than it sounds.

When 2/3 the game has to be Bruisers to stand a chance, it's a sign of a problem.

Sauron

02-11-2013

We like to run 2 APs when we can, but if the matchup isn't right we'll do 1 AP 1 ADC.

Almost always have a bruiser in the jungle though, simply because of their solid initiation.

Shinzo Ningen

02-11-2013

My team typically runs 2 AP bursters and a bruiser. Bruiser up top, AP Carry bot, and AP Burst (Or Hybrid Carry, if my bursters get banned) in jungle. There has not been a game that I haven't contributed to getting our team First Blood, yet.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2013

Quote:
You can't play AP casters anymore
Then why do I see wild Annies, LB's and Eve's???

Quote:
Evey game it's always Pantheon, Darius, Garen, Wukong, Jayce, etc. Basically 3500 health bricks running around with Black Cleaver, Maw of Malmortius, Mercurial Scimitar, Frozen Mallet, Runic Bulwark, Ravenous Hydra, and so on..
I disagree... You don't have to build health to win. Stacking health isn't viable on everyone...

Takhuan

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdsinc View Post
Then why do I see wild Annies, LB's and Eve's???

I disagree... You don't have to build health to win. Stacking health isn't viable on everyone...
Who plays Annie? And if they do who doesn't stack health on a champion like annie.

KakeManz

02-11-2013

Play ranked, ban the champs you don't want to see. There are still some viable casters and adc champs you just don't seem to be good with them. and it doesn't hurt to branch out your selection.

3viljack

02-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhuan View Post
Who plays Annie? And if they do who doesn't stack health on a champion like annie.
Me and I don't stack health. Actually, I play a lot of casters and they are all still fun and viable. More health for bruiser/tanks means better punching bags

SaveTheMaids

02-24-2013

Jayce doesn't really build that tanky though. He sacrifices damage if he does (has low base damage but high ratios).

Unlike Xin Zhao, who will rush Mallet + Stinger and still kill you.

Or Garen and Darius, who can build Frozen Mallet + Randuins and still do good damage and farm well, while being hard to kill.