Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Do you think they should be removed?

Yes, they should. 11 40.74%
No, they should be tweaked, but not removed. 11 40.74%
No, they're fine the way they are. 5 18.52%
Voters 27 .

What do you think about the altars?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LSA

10-25-2012

Leave your thoughts here, and vote on what you think.

I personally think they should be removed. I don't like them at all. I understand they were trying to include objectives other than the Vilemaw, and that's fine, but you shouldn't have to constantly go back to them every 90 seconds to prevent the other team from getting an advantage that lets them snowball hard enough to have permanent control over it. There aren't any changes Riot could make to balance them out. They'd either be not worth getting, and a waste of space that could have something better there, or they'd be how they are now.

They should just remove them and turn them into buff creeps, it's simpler.

DementedSin

10-25-2012

The altars are the worst idea i've ever seen. They completely ruin the one match I enjoyed playing. If I wanted to play dominion i'd play lame dominion. Get your dominion out of our 3v3s T_T They completely changed every good aspect of 3v3s with this and made it a lamefest.

Judas Priest

10-25-2012

The altars are the only thing I didn't like about this map. All rest is fine.

MeatMasterMeat

10-25-2012

The altars are fine, but could definitely use tweaking.

You guys should be talking about tweaks, not just axing entire parts of the map.

I feel like the altars should have a longer cooldown as to when they can be captured if you have 1 point, and the cooldown they have now when you have 2 points.

As it stands, it feels impossible to farm, and to try and get back in the game by recapping your point. it just lets the other team farm, and sets up windows for them to be almost unbeatable due to the high gold and exp from the jungle, and their increased gold generation/items from the gold generation/and damage in general.

The altars are what drives the early and midgame, i get that, but can they not DOMINATE and snowball the game so hard due to time constraints that they themselves impose?

Kurushii

10-25-2012

The idea for the alters makes it for an interesting game, they could use a few tweaks but that would be about it.

LSA

10-25-2012

Bump

sungkwon

10-25-2012

I believe the altars offer a great buff, and they encourage teamfights instead of passive laning and farming.

I also believe they might need to be reduced because of how easily they cause snow balls.

Krampus Claus

10-25-2012

The idea of regularly contestable objectives is great if you want to increase the tempo of the game, but the way they work, and the way the map is set up, they cause crazy snowballing. If you control both of them and have map dominance, you will likely keep both, and can just passively farm until the enemy team tries to take an altar, at which point you destroy them, take vilemaw, take a tower, etc. Controlling the shrines gives a huge upper hand with relatively little vulnerability.

Riot succeeded at making games shorter, because a team can easily push an early advantage into a win, with little chance of losing.

BenevolenTT

10-25-2012

Quote:
sungkwon:
I believe the altars offer a great buff, and they encourage teamfights instead of passive laning and farming.

I also believe they might need to be reduced because of how easily they cause snow balls.

Honestly I believe that was the idea behind the altars. It allows alert and coordinated teams to gain a temporary advantage that lands them a win.

It's part of Riots move to make TT a much faster paced map. I think its a fun new buff to fight over. And the lanes shouldn't need to worry too much about them unless they're being contested. For the most part if you have a Jungler he'll be the one taking care of it on your side of the map.

If you want to be aggressive you can then bring your laners into their jungle.

LSA

10-25-2012

Bump.