Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Mordekaiser Lore: Discuss

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xKHORNExLORD420

10-25-2012

I'd say it supports his role as the midlane mage slayer, for certain.

Arcane Azmadi

10-25-2012

Eh, like all the new lores it removes a lot of his depth and ambiguity in favour of making him a 1-dimensional "sadistic lord of pain" type, but at least his lore was never as deep as some of the other champions in the first place and at least it preserves some of his "unknown agenda" aspect. And I do like the reference to his ult in his lore.

Lithillya

11-01-2012

So... does this mean that he's no longer a general, for an army the world has yet to see? Or that his armor is not longer protecting the world from what is inside, for however precious short a time it might hold?
I don't mind the new lore, it's quite decent, but they need to add the "

"The common perception is that the encompassing armor protects him, I fear that – for the fragile time being – it actually protects us."
Rozuel Fecirem, Arch Adjudicator, noted in Mordekaiser's eligibility evaluation"

quote back, along with the mention of hide stride and postur suggesting that he's a general. Those two things was what made his old lore awesome.

Morec0

11-01-2012

I think these lore updates (with maybe the massive rewrite that came with WW and Soraka's lore) are not so much New Lore as they are an expanding on the old as new revelations come to light about the mysterious characters in-universe. It's easy to look at "this replaces this" in the sense that it was meant to be a retcon, but I think that Morde's rewrite is more of a progression, one that would have been revealed in a different Lore-telling format (such as the Journal of Justice, god rest it's soul) instead of just being thrown into the game without much warning.

As for him being a General, that may still be the case. We just have to remember that, since he IS of the Shadow Isles and his presumable boss Hecarim has shown up, he may not be getting the highlight as a "Big Bad" character anymore and instead may have been downgraded into the "Dragon"-villain archetype (for those who don't know, that being the Big Bad's right-hand enforcer).

EDIT: Just found something you might be interested in.

After capturing the West Altar in the new Twisted Treeline with Hecarim it will sometimes say "Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim!" This seems to confirm the idea that Mordekaiser is a subordinate of Hecarim or the two merely have an alliance of some sorts, but that either way Mordekaiser is seeking to stab him in the back and, maybe, claim Hecarim's army of undead riders to add to his own army of souls!

Or, interestingly enough, Mordekaiser may be the true leader of the Shadow Isles; the East Altar in particular seems to have much reverence for him, although the East Altar also does not appear to be completely sane or good-natured any more.

EDIT2:

On the note of the altars: Mordekaiser being a prisoner is still hinted at by the West Altar:

"Mordekaiser... Are you also a prisoner?"

Could be what Morde is looking for in his new lore is a way to free himself of his armor prison.

Cerubois

11-01-2012

I'm convinced Mordekaiser was the leader of the 'civil war' that the other lore-ites have imagined. Which places Hecarim as either a partner who was betrayed (perhaps with more noble intentions than Mordekaiser), or the King of the Shadow Isles who was dethroned.

Personally, I think Morde's lore was actually enhanced. Instead of randomly showing up with no purpose, he now actually has an origin, backstory, and a mysterious goal. He's searching for something, but what? And why? Does he not have enough already?

There's a lot to expand on for him.

Ahopa

11-01-2012

Sorry if I sound like a noob but where are you getting this new lore from?

Morec0

11-01-2012

Quote:
Ahopa:
Sorry if I sound like a noob but where are you getting this new lore from?

From the game. They updated it unannounced during the Shadow Isle patch.

Don't worry about it, I didn't know either untill I saw this thread.

Jaghatai

11-01-2012

Quote:
Arcane Azmadi:
Eh, like all the new lores it removes a lot of his depth and ambiguity in favour of making him a 1-dimensional "sadistic lord of pain" type, but at least his lore was never as deep as some of the other champions in the first place and at least it preserves some of his "unknown agenda" aspect. And I do like the reference to his ult in his lore.

This.

Fiendish Dr Wu

11-02-2012

Morde's lore now makes him a real BR. Think about that.

Kinvaras666

11-02-2012

Quote:
Fiendish Dr Wu:
Morde's lore now makes him a real BR. Think about that.

so... did you notice the OP's name by any chance?