Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowPraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Then that just means anyone can apply their morality upon others. Isn't that just basic oppression when you dictate your personal beliefs upon others? I mean it's like the recent Vice-presidential debate. Where the question of the candidates were asked about restricting abortion rights. You had Rep. Ryan say that if he got nominated he would pursue legislation to ban abortion while VP Biden said that while he respects his religion that it isn't his religion that should dictate abortion.

Are you saying that it is okay that I can report people because of my religious beliefs in god or allah cause I'm against swearing of any kind? That my personal beliefs dictate over the freedoms of others that live in our free society?
First off, you know you're using hyperbole in this instance, but I'll indulge you anyway.

Sure, if you wanna vote according to those principles, feel free to do so. However, the majority of people out there likely are NOT going to agree and vote similarly.

Also, this isn't a "free society" - this is Riot's sandbox. They maintain it. They get to make the rules. And if their rule is "The responsible majority of the player base gets to judge cases based on their personal values" then that's what it is.

People forget that freedom of speech doesn't doesn't mean freedom from consequence.

Daen

10-25-2012

Are there any downsides to having unlimited skips available? I find a lot of borderline cases that I'm almost worried to vote on in the chance I could be wrong and hurt my Tribunal rating.

Empyrean Legacy

10-25-2012

And pretty much right off the bat, I accidentally pardon someone who's blatantly guilty because I clicked the wrong button.

How about a "Are you sure you want to pardon/punish this person"? :P

Daen

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrean Legacy View Post
And pretty much right off the bat, I accidentally pardon someone who's blatantly guilty because I clicked the wrong button.

Personally I'd rather not have that as an option, it'd add an annoying amount of clicks for someone that wants to do multiple cases within a short time period.

omegademan

10-25-2012

The HTML is seriously messed up right now when I login to the tribunal.

RIOT, you may want to shut Tribunal down for maintenance now.

tempnameA461

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Personally I'd rather not have that as an option, it'd add an annoying amount of clicks for someone that wants to do multiple cases within a short time period.
Toggleable!

John is Kill

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
You shouldn't be doing multiple cases in a short time period. You should be more concerned about doing your job right, not concerned about how many cases you can do in a certain amount of time.

RiotNinjaTabby

Web Developer

10-25-2012
9 of 13 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrean Legacy View Post

We're actually considering something similar to that, but less intrusive: an undo for your vote.

ShadowPraxis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegademan View Post
The HTML is seriously messed up right now when I login to the tribunal.

RIOT, you may want to shut Tribunal down for maintenance now.
I found refreshing a time or two usually fixes it. I think it's just getting hammered now with people going to check things out.

pavi132

10-25-2012

Things aren't going so smooth right now...