Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kingpotato

10-30-2012

What are we supposed to do about Cases we punished that got pardon'd. Im not talking about the borderline ones, but the severe cases when they are polite in the 3/4 games they are reported for and then verbally abuse their teams with racist homobashing remarks in the 4th game and somehow get pardon'd.

Meanwhile I lose accuracy and I assume rating because I "incorrectly punishing/pardoned". If the accuracy and rating has no value or effect then that loss doesn't matter but seeing some people act disturbingly and getting pardoned bothers me greatly.

Some examples would be.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5854464/#nogo
I voted to pardon, mainly because they are long games and other members of the team had similar amounts of deaths, especially in the urgot game, and feeders/trolls dont usually get the most assists in a game and there were no obvious signs of intentional feeding, just a bad player.

Or
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5845870/#nogo
Specifically calls his team mates scrub,s bunch of idoits more than one, ****ing *****s (though misspelt) and pieces of **** (specifically game number 2)

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5830045/
Berrates his team throughout with various profanities, easily considered verbal abuse, also gets pardoned.(game 1, other 2 seem fine)

Granted there are around 3 games on further review im not sure why i punished, but the rest are filled with GG **** or people calling their team noobs and the like throughout the game all causing negative environments. Such as game 1 in this case.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/5841221/

Am i too strict in riots opinion, Or are most of these "slipping through the cracks" kind of cases?

Kingpotato

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgery Kall View Post
I've noticed the "Cases Correct" label and the idea of keeping up a Streak has tempted me to vote according to how I believe the majority votes, which hurts the community rather than bringing my true judgement into the equation. Since realizing this, I have made a conscience effort to make a real difference by fighting my urge to "vote for streaks", as a correct vote doesn't necessarily mean a just judgement.

How much is tolerable? Should short bursts of bad judgement be ignored if they seem pushed to the edge by other players? Is unsportsmanlike conduct to be allowed if it is done while avoiding blatant language or in short amounts? It is understandable that most players will have their moments of shame, but it does not always constitute punishment. We must not allow a rating to cloud our thoughts in making such choices. We must have both justice and mercy to be an enlightened community. I know I'm still finding my balance between the two, and hope that once I find that point, I will make a better contribution for justice.

Also, I believe it would be helpful to be allowed to rate our judgement's harshness. Rather than just punish and pardon, I support a system that allows voters to say whether they believe a warning, short ban, or long ban is necessary. Some cases don't warrant extreme action, so I question whether to pardon rather than punish, as a punish might give that player time to serve that they may not deserve. It would be nice to see what type of punishment we are about to dole out. While cracking down on the toxic players is important, keeping the innocent safe is also an important duty.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel atm about the system. It seems more geared towards rewarding (assumeing they eventually make some) those who vote according to the "community" rather than how they themselves would vote.

While i will punish anyone i see calling someone a F$$ (regardless of reason) or other homosexual like remark, i know the majority do not as is evident with my current 80% rating.

PaRaDoXaL 2

11-01-2012

I was insta banned for over reporting when they decided to do that mass ban to everyone at once.

And now I am insta banned again for stuff that happened way before my last ban.

They did not reset our records on the last insta ban from over reporting like they should have.

And now they insta ban again using cases from before the last insta ban?

I mean common. Is that really fair?

I am all for punishing for bad stuff, but can we not be tried twice on our cases please?

2 cases were like from a year ago at least, and the new one was from playing out a long 3v5 game that I finally anounced in chat that I was giving up now its been 30 mins and the 2 afkers on my team did not come back. Remaining 2 players reported me, I think they were from brazil btw from language, then the tribunal voted to punish it even though the chat log told the story about the afkers on team.

I mean really?

xRickyForrox

11-03-2012

gj

AstralGalaxy

11-04-2012

I got banned for lagging at the very end of the game and the game had like maybe 1-2min left once i dc/ed so is it possible i can get unbanned??

Sukh01

11-05-2012

RIOT, I would like to know something else when judging:

1. I'd like to know the honor they gave to each other. Why?, because sometimes you can see that there are 2-3 friends that report one teamate for nothing (4/20 cases). so it would be good to know that.

2. It would be nice to have the balance of the levels of the game. Why?. Because some of the games show something like this: "but its my first time playing", and then "/All: free elo, you .....", so if he's talking about elo... its like 30 lvl gameplay, isn't it?. Or maybe like this: "1rst time xin", "oops, i died, sorry", and then: "/allies: you xin cant play a game, go uninstall lol", "xin reported", "/All: repor xin for feeding"

3. I'd like to know if RIOT has a way to punish players that make reports without any reason. Why? - because i read the forum about tribunal quotes, and it happened to me as well: A verbal abuse report by the enemy, and the guy reported did not talk in /All chat..., so, did he do it on skype or TS?? I don't know...
also: 3 different reports on the teamate, and the teamate did not feed, was positive, etc. So its an obvious pardon, and you check the enemy chat, and there's a lot to punish, but its other case (i hope).

4. Finally it would be awesome if above the punish/pardon buttons there would be a small box to tell the reason why you are punishing/pardoning the case. Why?, because it would make the difference between the ppl that push the p/p button 20 sec after reading and the ppl who read the whole case, the chats, and the previous games, and fundament, maybe quote the reason of the punish/pardon.

I hope you read this and think about it.

RedRedKrovvy

11-10-2012

I agree that accurate Tribunal results are the most important result for the system.

Still, a little something for the participants would be nice.

Maybe pick an accuracy percentage (90%, or whatever Riot's goal is) and reward IP for correct results above that percentage.

Other sites with community feedback rewards differentiate reward values for pass and fail. If it is believed that 90% (random number) of Tribunal cases should be punished, then 90% more (another random value, need not be the same) reward value for a Punish result could be rewarded.

RedRedKrovvy

11-16-2012

Another idea would be to give some amount of IP after each 100 cases correct. This would take about a week to get the reward if you were really accurate.

This does not reward spamming the Tribunal for IP, but does reward accuracy for everyone.

DTH666

12-17-2012

Cute a snitch system.

Scrapp

02-19-2013

I don't like the tribunal banning system at all.