Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squall Leonhart9

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowPraxis View Post
What you seem to fail to understand is this isn't about having a list of "What can I not say?" - it's not about seeing where the line is and riding as close to it as you can without nudging yourself over into punishment territory.

The rule is "Act like a decent human being" - if you need "hard laws" to explain to you what that means, then your parents didn't do a very good job of raising you.
Honestly, i must partly agree with Tenmar because its hard to tell what is rights (for you) and what is wrong (for you) but in the other hand, noone can set a criteria about it, IE: we all know taking a person's life is wrong and considered murder, but what if that person has to do it to save two lives? its still murder, yet your own judgement will define wheter if that would be punished or absolved. If you are a bit agressive and find saying a couple of bad words acceptable, then the reported will be pardoned for you. It has nothing to do with decency, but with your own judgement. However your point of view is yours and that is what the tribunal tries to do; in the end, depending on how many people vote pardon or punish, the result will be by simple majority.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghan04

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Well, now I'm disappointed. I voted on cases early this morning and it looks like that data isn't showing up in the Justice Reviews. Now I have to wait until tomorrow to vote again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xarkiel

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhGeeSher View Post
If you're just doing bad.. you can't get banned for that.. unless you're troll-building like AP Cait or something horribad, and you're dying a TON with that build. If someone's being annoying, simply ignore. If you talk **** back, you're in trouble yourself.
I do troll builds all the time, only difference is i always succeed with my builds, im always looking for new ways to play every champion

Like on hit Soraka/Varus


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squidzillatron

Recruiter

10-25-2012

Lyte's avatar <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boobsaviscious

Junior Member

10-25-2012

will this compensate for the foreign parties that report the 5th random that does better than them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chemo2

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartage View Post
I have a question or two!

Are you ever going to make it so that pings are visible in the
logs? People spam the **** out of pings just to be annoying
on many occasions, and get reported for it.

It'd be nice to not have to just skip over those reports.


Also. There used to be a number telling how long a player
was connected during a match; that's no longer there and
makes it more difficult ( IE: impossible ) to properly punish
for AFK reports unless the person says "I'm leaving." but
even then, sometimes people say that but continue to stay
and help their team.

Is that ever coming back? >_>;
This needs some answers, for sure. It is a pain to figure out if the AFK reports are legit or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerqod

Junior Member

10-25-2012

All I wish is that when you punish, you can punish certain things, because I've had cases where 2/3 games, they were very abusive verbally, but the next couple of reports dont match at all, like intentionally feeding when they are positive in score and do not say anything about feeding. I the reason this is a problem for me is because Im punishing or pardoning only a couple of offences I seem fit to pardon/punish but not all, which in my opinion, kinda makes it a tough decision


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taldanis

Junior Member

10-25-2012

Halls of Justice still has some of the same display bugs as before. The "community agreement" on my list is not always the same as when I click on the case.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tenmar

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squall Leonhart9 View Post
Honestly, i must partly agree with Tenmar because its hard to tell what is rights (for you) and what is wrong (for you) but in the other hand, noone can set a criteria about it, IE: we all know taking a person's life is wrong and considered murder, but what if that person has to do it to save two lives? its still murder, yet your own judgement will define wheter if that would be punished or absolved. If you are a bit agressive and find saying a couple of bad words acceptable, then the reported will be pardoned for you. It has nothing to do with decency, but with your own judgement. However your point of view is yours and that is what the tribunal tries to do; in the end, depending on how many people vote pardon or punish, the result will be by simple majority.

That's the thing, I agree that the player base is getting better and I see that in the report cards. You don't see death threats, or racist language like ****er, chink, or cracker. We should be celebrating that.

However, now the problem is that players that take part in tribunal are just punishing players that say stuff in matches like "stupid", "troll", "Useless". Stuff you would hear everyday from disgruntled customers, frustrated co-workers, and friends arguing that are nothing more than small spats that people get over after a while just like how players get over it after a match ends.

So now we went from one extreme to the other. I'm sure everyone would agree that we don't want to hear people telling others to commit suicide or racist language. We know that is against the law. But now you literally can't even simply say that your teammate is "bad" when they actually do something bad. It isn't harmful or a negative experience when you are being honest and telling the truth.

What's just as bad is Riot's policy is that we are basically meant to "get it". Even Player support gives out ticket responses like this and it isn't helpful to reforming players especially when they actually do make an earnest effort to tone it down.

Quote:
Players generally understand what sort of behavior will negatively impact other players and what conduct falls outside of what should be a positive in-game experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sn0wY

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[aws3]news/October_2012/2012_10_09 Tribunal_Banner/Tribunal_banner2.jpg[/aws3]

Summoners,

We’re happy to announce that we’ve launched our latest addition to the Tribunal: [url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=29184148#29184148"]The Justice Review[/url2]!

This feature is part of a large-scale experiment aimed at increasing voting accuracy and providing players with tangible feedback about their voting record and effectiveness. After taking a look at some of our initial results and listening to community feedback, we determined that there was room for improvement with the Justice Review, Halls of Justice and the Tribunal. Though we aren’t quite ready to release the Halls of Justice, we’ve implemented the following changes:


  • Adjusted “accuracy” and “streaks” in the Justice Review to be more precise.
  • Player Justice Ratings have been reset to 1200. Recent Tribunal voters may have an initial Justice Rating.
  • Fixed issues where some punished players would not receive notifications or Reform Cards. We’ve retroactively sent emails to these players.
  • Innocent players were very rarely banned, while toxic players more often went unpunished. Because of this, we’ve adjusted the Tribunal algorithms to be less lenient.


Feel free to ask any questions about the above changes, and we’ll do our best to answer them here!

im not convienced this type of thing is why league of legends is the most popular game in the world but sure knock yourself out. When you start banning all the top elo players because half the community acts like them you will begin wishing you didnt.