"Remember that even though itís passed through PBE"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soup4

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghrope View Post
Or they can just take most of our suggestions and completely remove the altars. They are not a good addition to the new map. You nerf them, and they won't be worth getting and make you wonder why they're even there anymore, turning into a waste of space for something that could be better. You buff them, and nothing changes at all.

They shouldn't be there.
Agreed. I wish Riot would of been much more transparent in their creation of this new map. If they could of worked closely with the community we could have an amazing map right now.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup4 View Post
Agreed. I wish Riot would of been much more transparent in their creation of this new map. If they could of worked closely with the community we could have an amazing map right now.
I heard they worked with a few plat players ratehr exclusivly instead of actually asking the community how it felt about things.

I can't help but imagine this was a process similar to Hitler Youth agreeing with anything their officers threw at them.

BenevolenTT

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q23 View Post
Being Irrational huh. So The majority of the people who enjoyed the Old TT, who asked for some changes to things got a completely new map shoved down their throats. IN turn will cause some of the old tt fans to stick it out, others to switch to different game modes (possibly riots motive?), or cause them to quit LoL altogeather.

Because of this new map i'm considering the third option, maybe just going to dominion(if i wanted the dominion playstyle I would switch to dominon which I do from time to time.)

I have spent the large majority of my time playing LoL purposly avoiding Summoners Rift. Now it appears I will be spending what ever time I put into LoL from now on avoiding TT, MY once favorite map but now its not the same or even similar. The only similarities is the two lanes, a jungle between the two lanes, two nexus, and a boss above top lane. So just the "general" set up of the map is the same. The game play is different.

I understand Riot put so much time and effort into the new map. So..... Why not leave it at that? a new map. if you did that you will have 4 maps.. A 5v5, a dominion 5v5, a 3v3, and a Dominiontype 3v3.
Being irrational is flat out not accepting change. Most people on the forums right now complaining are doing so without attempting to work with what was given to them. In my eyes (and I apologize if it doesn't seem this way to others) Keeping an old map along side a reworked version is like keeping an old champion model and abilities along side their reworked version. It's unnecessary and clutters the game. The main goal for keeping the map variety small is to maintain the games focus. Once the faults of the map are worked out and everyone finally accepts that there are now other objectives, a meta can be established and Riot can then focus once more on champion and item balancing.

I understand altars need to be worked on, and the death timer needs to be tweaked, but other than that, I think this map is perfect. Some people on these forums are claiming they've played thousands of 3v3s but not once did they want something new? There were so many complaints about TT originally but people finally accepted the map and it came into its own.

Feedback is necessary, but a blatant disregard of the map and refusing to work with it won't make Riot change anything is all I'm saying. Not to you in particular but to everyone in general.

infinite azure

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post
Being irrational is flat out not accepting change. Most people on the forums right now complaining are doing so without attempting to work with what was given to them. In my eyes (and I apologize if it doesn't seem this way to others) Keeping an old map along side a reworked version is like keeping an old champion model and abilities along side their reworked version. It's unnecessary and clutters the game. The main goal for keeping the map variety small is to maintain the games focus. Once the faults of the map are worked out and everyone finally accepts that there are now other objectives, a meta can be established and Riot can then focus once more on champion and item balancing.

I understand altars need to be worked on, and the death timer needs to be tweaked, but other than that, I think this map is perfect. Some people on these forums are claiming they've played thousands of 3v3s but not once did they want something new? There were so many complaints about TT originally but people finally accepted the map and it came into its own.

Feedback is necessary, but a blatant disregard of the map and refusing to work with it won't make Riot change anything is all I'm saying. Not to you in particular but to everyone in general.
Why should the effin playerbase that has been dedicated to this map for years of riot NEVER addressing the glaringly obvious and easy to solve issues such as the fountain laser and random jungle work with riot?!

THEY SHOULD BE WORKING WITH US!

Soup4

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post

Everyone knew the problems with TT and there were obvious ways to fix them. People only wanted fixes, not completely different objectives/concepts. No one asked for altars or a speed buff or the removal of the top jungle. Riot took it upon themselves to create a whole new map rather than updating and fixing the problems with the old one.

BenevolenTT

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup4 View Post
Everyone knew the problems with TT and there were obvious ways to fix them. People only wanted fixes, not completely different objectives/concepts. No one asked for altars or a speed buff or the removal of the top jungle. Riot took it upon themselves to create a whole new map rather than updating and fixing the problems with the old one.
That however is where I agree with you the most. Just the fact that it was an out of the blue rework with absolutely no precursor feedback from the community is what made this change unsettling.

My argument is that it is over and done with. The map is released (albeit beta) and we have to put on our big boy pants and work with what we're given.