The new TT sucks, is like a mini Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jgmfire

10-25-2012

OLD TT OR NO TTIES er TT. see what i did there? :3

Boagster

10-25-2012

Can someone please explain the "mini Dominion" thing to me. I don't understand it. A basic summary of each map, using my own knowledge and experience:

Dominion: five capture points surround a center jungle area in a circular fashion, bases on either side. The point of the mode is to destroy the enemy Nexus by depleting a meter through holding a majority of the capture points. The points can be captured by standing next to them and channeling, otherwise unable to act. There are secondary objectives within the jungle that impact individual champions. There are two central buffs, one for each team. which only affect the champion who claimed them. You cannot steal the other teams buff. There are speed shrines placed throughout the map

Old Twisted Treeline: Two lanes connect two bases, with jungle between both lanes and above top lane. The point of the mode is to destroy the turrets leading to your opponents base, and, ultimately, destroy their Nexus by attacking it. There are secondary objectives in both jungles - the bottom jungle has a single-champion temporary buff received by killing a mini-boss monster, while the top jungle has a team-wide temporary buff and gold bonus received by killing a large boss monster. There are also less powerful buffs gained by killing randomized monster camps in top jungle.

New Twisted Treeline: Two lanes connect two bases, with jungle between both lanes. The point of the mode is to destroy the turrets leading to your opponents base, and, ultimately, destroy their Nexus by attacking it. There are two secondary objectives in the jungle - altars on either side that can be captured by standing on them, otherwise free to act. If your team possesses one altar, you receive bonus gold per kill. If your team posses both altars, you get a team-wide buff in addition to the bonus gold. There is a speed shrine directly between the two altars.

Please, tell me what I am missing. Using only my own knowledge of the three maps, it seems to me that the new Twisted Treeline is far more similar to the old Twisted Treeline than Dominion. Yes, I have played all the maps. Yes, I liked the old Twisted Treeline just fine. Yes, I hate Dominion as much as the next person.

trustmeimdoctor

10-25-2012

It's great that everyone waited so long to make a judgement on the new map. We wouldn't want to spout opinions based on the experience we had in 2 games, would we?

Gaffle89

10-25-2012

The new TT is Horrid. Did Riot learn nothing from Dominion?

Orangatang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

The old TT was way more fun to play than this new map. IMO: should be the dominion version of 3v3, like Crystal Scar is dominion version of 5v5.