WCG Grand Finals Recap Day 2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImmaRobotLOL

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel23 View Post
SK Gaming really struggled to finish? Not really.

I think they played fine and had a laid back style, but I guess you need a excuse to give the US team the 'easy win'.

China playing against Sea struggled to win, hence the 80mins ish game, are you getting confused?

I Can't untill the EU vs US in the finals.
Dude she called it a blow-out, settle down.

MrStealth

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azazel23 View Post
SK Gaming really struggled to finish? Not really.

I think they played fine and had a laid back style, but I guess you need a excuse to give the US team the 'easy win'.

China playing against Sea struggled to win, hence the 80mins ish game, are you getting confused?

I Can't untill the EU vs US in the finals.
You're german, amirite?
Don't be such a fanboy.

On-topic: I was really amazed by the power of CLG's team comp in their first game. I think it was Amumu, Galio, Anivia, Sona and Annie I think. All their ults synergize so nicely.

Unr3alAnGeR

10-02-2010

Hotshot shouldn't play Nidalee. Yes he is the best Nidalee player, but Nidalee isn't the best champ. Especially in tight teamfight games that could go a long time.

CLG will win imo. I feel like they have something up their sleeve.

zbishop

10-02-2010

another story was pretty bad =X

china hero was worse though, their kog didnt get a single AS item the entire game...wtf m8

Stupid Hat

10-02-2010

should be phreakin sweet! cant wait to see u all at WCG Tomorroww!!!! hatts signing out!

RetardInstinct

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Yesterday, the World Cyber Games 2010 opened.

But day one was just the prelude. Today saw the first competitive League of Legends matches at the Grand Finals, and wow, what an amazing set of matches they were.

Group Phase

The group phase played out like this:
Team Counter-Logic Gaming (CLG) defeat Team Another Story (AS)
Team China Hero (CH) defeat Team SK-Gaming (SK)
Team CLG defeat Team CH
Team SK defeat Team AS
Team CH defeat Team AS
Team SK defeat Team CLG

Thus the standings at the end of the group phase were:
CLG: 2-1
CH: 2-1
SK: 2-1
AS: 0-3

A three-way tie! We looked at the three matches between the three tied teams and used match length (shorter is better) to determine the seedings. CLG had the shortest game, with their 27 minute defeat of China, while SK Gaming really struggled to finish their game against CLG, resulting in an epic (and super-fun) 45 minute blow-out. The seedings, going into semi-finals, were:
Team CLG (2-1; 27 minutes)
Team CH (2-1; 35 minutes)
Team SK (2-1; 45 minutes)
Team AS (0-3);

Semi-Finals

The beginning of the single elimination phase! Seed #1 played seed #4 and seed #2 played seed #3. Even though the three-way tie in the group phase suggested very close match-ups, the semi-finals ended up extremely one-sided in both games. Perhaps the Western teams had been saving their best strategies for when it really counted?

The results of the semi-finals:
Team CLG 2 - 0 Team AS
Team SK 2 - 0 Team CH

Which means that tomorrow, at 10am PST we'll have the game for third place between teams Another Story and China Hero, which you will once again be able to follow live right here on our WCG 2010 site. And at 2pm, we have a real treat in store for you, as well will have the Grand Finals on the main stage here at the Los Angeles Convention Center, with a live stream commentated by our very own David "Phreak" Turley (aka Mr Spotlight Videos, aka The Man Your Man Could Shoutcast Like) and a very nice British bloke I've been chatting with all day and whose name I've forgotten. It will be awesome. Once again we will be hosting the WCG stream right here on our website. Don't miss it!

PS:

If you're anything like me and if you missed those games (well if you're anything like me you wouldn't have missed the games) you're not going to be satisfied with these quick recaps. I wrote up all the picks and bans in our WCG 2010 forums. And if that's not enough, the raw recordings (with some chunks missing where you guys crashed the streaming servers--good job!) are up on own3d.tv. But that's not all! We'll be commentating the recorded videos over the next weeks and upload them one by one.
but SK won against AS in less than 25 minutes?
i dont understand.

SirRainbow

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Instinct View Post
but SK won against AS in less than 25 minutes?
i dont understand.
SK lost to China, but won agaist SEA in <25 min, they only looked at the matches between the tied teams

Snorhax

10-02-2010

Quote:
china hero was worse though, their kog didnt get a single AS item the entire game...wtf m8
*cough* Bloodrazor *cough*

Azazel23

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStealth View Post
You're german, amirite?
Don't be such a fanboy.

On-topic: I was really amazed by the power of CLG's team comp in their first game. I think it was Amumu, Galio, Anivia, Sona and Annie I think. All their ults synergize so nicely.
Actually I'm British.

First things first, I'm not a boy. The internet isn't limited to one gender you know, so don't be so closed minded.

Secondly, I was only stating my opinion and in my opinion Rinoa is wrong, SK-Gaming didn't struggle to beat CLG, it was a breeze. We'll soon see who's best in the finals anyways, it's already written in stone.

RetardInstinct

10-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRainbow View Post
SK lost to China, but won agaist SEA in <25 min, they only looked at the matches between the tied teams
ok im dumb. thx this makes sense