Ezreal, no longer a viable adc?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BestTopNasus NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I say not. sure he has good range, an escape, and a globle ulti. But that doesnt mean he wont lose his "thunder" after this patch. The attack speed reduction with his Essence Flux is what made him strong in my eyes. Now i feel as he wouldnt be able to stand toe to toe with other ADCs.
Tell me what u guys think about them getting rid of the attack speed reduction with his Essence Flux, and where it will leave him. Will he still be a good ADC? or will he be wiped off the map? (yes, just by taking away one thing that he can do)

VanquisherD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I think he will still be viable, global ults are always nice, this nerf will however, might knock him out of the top 3 adcs, I wonder who will join the others...

Fiveofswords

10-25-2012

i tihnk its predictable that people would complain like this after a nerf. The change is seriously minor. Yes he still has his ult, still has arcane shift...hes still ezreal man. Think about how this change really effects teamfights...cause thats what matters the most. Doesnt effect it. As long as he can survive laning phase, its the exact same ezreal

BestTopNasus NA

10-25-2012

well, IMO i think the top 5 adc's will be after this patch would be,
1.trist
2. corki
3. kog
4. graves
5. Sivir
but that is just my opinion.

Fênrir

10-25-2012

The only thing he has lost is his atk speed debuff on enemy champs, they haven't touched his damage or any form of usefull output its not like he suddenly lost his adc capability, this nerf hasnt really change a whole lot, he can still poke the **** out of people, he can still jump around, he can still snipe you and his passive has always been the highlight of him in my view

adc

10-25-2012

Are you crazy? No it isn't. His W had a 50% (I think, don't know the exact number) attack speed reduction. You literally half the damage output from any autoattack you hit. Imagine you hit an enemy Jax and an enemy AD carry, while simultaneously hitting an autoattacker on your own team. Suddenly, your teammate is doing 1.5 times the damage, and their Jax and AD losing half of their DPS from autoattacks!

Essence Flux was a very, very good skill.

BestTopNasus NA

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
i tihnk its predictable that people would complain like this after a nerf. The change is seriously minor. Yes he still has his ult, still has arcane shift...hes still ezreal man. Think about how this change really effects teamfights...cause thats what matters the most. Doesnt effect it. As long as he can survive laning phase, its the exact same ezreal
but in team fights for an Ezreal you would us your Essence Flux on the adc to prevent him from dps'ing ur enitre team. and if u were lucky and they were bunched up u could hit all of them with lowering all there atk speeds as well. though others might onnly do min. damage the damage still adds up to where u can win or lose it.

Jsteezey

10-25-2012

Honestly this nerf just hits his laning and dueling power. He is still incredibly strong in team fights. Just my opinion though. You have bruisers and tanks building Frozen heart at some point to gimp their carry (hopefully). I don't think it will be game breaking personally.

Fiveofswords

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Farmer View Post
but in team fights for an Ezreal you would us your Essence Flux on the adc to prevent him from dps'ing ur enitre team. and if u were lucky and they were bunched up u could hit all of them with lowering all there atk speeds as well. though others might onnly do min. damage the damage still adds up to where u can win or lose it.
i think this sounds pretty optimistic. we coudl assume that the opponent adc isnt putting himself in a position where people can jsut attack him, or else your ability is meaningless anyway, since the adc is dead in a second or two anyway.

Shizuhara

10-25-2012

He's still viable without it. Just, now you actually have to take advantage of his poking and disengage/engage kit instead of pressing W to win.