@ Morello, Regrading Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Villanz

10-25-2012

I don't know how affiliated you are with any of the work on the maps, but I have been curious just to get an opinion on this.

I have been playing the new TT on the PBE and I think you guys did a great job of creating solutions to some of the issues that the old TT had, however, I feel the changes are so extreme that it essentially feels like a completely different map. The old TT was my favorite map and I have always preferred it over Summoner's Rift. Many of the problems with it simply become part of the game's strategy, such as waiting to destroy the inhibitors until you can destroy the nexus to help prevent turtling.

What I was thinking, is why not keep the old TT as well and call it "Twisted Treeline Classic"?
(Similar to Runescape, after doing an overhaul of the game to improve it, they always kept the old version called Runescape Classic, simply because despite it being the "worse" version, it was unique and people still loved it for what it was.

I would love to hear any opinions on this/ reason it was not done. Thanks!

PurpleURP

10-25-2012

they dont care man,
they are just interested in pandering to the fives players
two ****s arent given about people who actually play the map

MONKYfapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
they dont care man,
most of the 5s players will just go back to 5s after a period of time (look at what happened to dominion), and a lot of 3s players will move on to other game modes seeing how their favorite map is changed completely.

this new map will end up with less player base than 3s originally started out with

Villanz

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
they dont care man,
All they have to do to keep EVERYONE happy is keep both of the maps. I don't see how this would be an issue.

Villanz

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONKYfapper View Post
most of the 5s players will just go back to 5s after a period of time (look at what happened to dominion), and a lot of 3s players will move on to other game modes seeing how their favorite map is changed completely.

this new map will end up with less player base than 3s originally started out with
I don't think the new TT is so bad that it will have fewer players than the original TT, but I don't see a reason to completely throw away the original TT.