% of games reported

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C000kiemonstor View Post

Someone who plays 10+ games a day and all ranked will be banned while someone who plays 1 a day will not, due to the random reporting and odds that you would have 1 bad game out of 10, and so you would then be reported once a day rather than once every 10 days.

Truely those who play more are punished more often.
Those who play badly more often are breaking the rules more often. They SHOULD be punished more often.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aksalo Zerocool

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
On average, a typical League of Legends players is reported in less than 1% of their games played

I'm curious about this... Why? Who is a typical League of Legends players?. What happens if you are not a typical player? Is that taken into consideration?

I'm gonna make some assumptions... please if you feel they are out of place let me know:

- Players whose summoner are in between levels 1-15 are reported in less games than those in between levels 15-30

- Players who play vs Bots are reported in less games than players who play vs human oponents

- Players who play blind normal games are reported in less games than players who play in draft normal games.

- Players who play drafted normal games are reported in less games tha players who play ranked games

- Players who play in ranked games at higher elo are reported in less games than players who play at mid elo (assume >1500 elo)

- Players who play in ranked games at low elo are reported in less games than players who play at mid elo (assume <900 elo)

Edit: - Players who play without friends (duo/premades) are reported in more games than players who play strictly solo. (Thanks Uninstall Life for the contribution).

So the question would be :
- What's the report rate for a player 900-1500 elo taken into consideration only solo ranked games without duo queue partners ?


Does the statement bolded in the beginning hold true for this? Am I making wild guesses?
you sir just spoke the truth.

I get reported on 50% of the games i played, cause when it comes to mid elo and soloing ranked (like most of the ppl). Im sure you will find that the highest % of lol players are from this elo and play most of the times solo ranked.
Why do you get reported?
Losing games, ppl tend to report unless u constantly explain all why you died in every single situation(you still get reported if ppl want)
People in this elo are usually angry at losing games and calling it elo hell and why they cant leave it. Angry people report.
There is a ping issue that no one ever adresses it. Some ppl play on+200 ping , they are frequently outplayed by a lower ping and this tend for a lot of ppl to call racist jokes or w/e cause you dont live in united states .

Lets see, i had a double report last game cause i was countered top by rengar, when i picked udyr to counter their top, but ofc they switched at last moment and rengar went top instead of jungling, what have i done? I hugged and did everything i could to farm and not to feed, i got harassed the whole game by 2 on my team and one on the other. My team calling me a fkn noob cause i picked udyr when he was the clear counter to their top. And the other guy cause he said in /all that southamerican players are 90% noobs so i said ignored and rreported. I got 3 reports or more that game and i did nothing to deserve them but play and be constantly harassed by everyone.

as i stated before, this tribunal fails because the people that vote punish are intolerant and disregard a lot of situations that can make someone be agressive sometimes.

And ive been doing something to prove it to you the past 2 weeks.
I am personally reporting everyone that says any kind of profanity, insult, or bad language towards himself or others.
When i read something i dont like from someone i just say : Ignored and Reported, seems that way tribunal works for me. i just call mias and ignore/report everyone that could possibly make me angry.
Call it a shield or w/e - Im not in the mood of trying to calm down some ppl and making the game more pleasant, ill just keep ignoring and reporting everyone that says something that doesnt follow the summoners code, even if it was a once ina lifetime burst.

And be sure ppl will punish them and you will have a lot more topics on this section. Happened to me before

cya


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

10-25-2012

In other posts, Lyte has said the same statistic but used the phrase "average player." Typical and average are often used interchangeably in statistics, so I think the answer to the meat of your post is that he meant that players get reported less than 1% of the time on average.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aksalo Zerocool

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C000kiemonstor View Post
Ignore geek, he is a 8 hour a day tribunal troll from Riot

Fact is though... you ahve a point.... we should see an average % reported for elo:

???<500
501<900
901<1300
1301<1500
1501<1800
2100<???

If we would see those numbers for ranked only at ELO ranges.... we would be able to see something rather interesting in solo queue.

Then if you put in the average number of games played per day,week,month,year in those accounts you would see something else.

Someone who plays 10+ games a day and all ranked will be banned while someone who plays 1 a day will not, due to the random reporting and odds that you would have 1 bad game out of 10, and so you would then be reported once a day rather than once every 10 days.

Truely those who play more are punished more often.
exactly

and i bet that 900-1300 elo holds 75% of the ammount of reports in lol and 50% of the players that play this game more than 3 times a day


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C000kiemonstor

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksalo Zerocool View Post
exactly

and i bet that 900-1300 elo holds 75% of the ammount of reports in lol and 50% of the players that play this game more than 3 times a day
Depends, but you will find on average that games under 1500 in solo ranked always have 2-3 players being reported.

So if you are bad you fall into that 1% ... or if you annoy someone for any reason you are the 1% ...

Normals and bots and custom being added into the equation for 1% are why its 1% ....

Ranked only would have it that 95% of games in ranked have at least 1 report which would easily raise the percentage to 10% of players are reported.

Riot clearly has no one with decent math skills...hense how lyte totally screws up everything he does.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Yeah.

The rate at which someone gives a report, which it seems is the percentage you calculated, is not necessarily equal to the individual report percentage the person being reported has.

Like, that someone may report 1 out of every 36 (you can't report yourself), but he most likely won't be reporting the same person every 3-4 games, right? So while the reporter may have a 2.8% report rate, the person he reported may never get reported again.

Does that make sense or has the morning effect kicked in and screwed up my reasoning?
You really need to figure out your math. I calculated the possibility of at least one player receiving a report in 4 games. I'll explain it to you a little better.

- The statistic is "% of games were the player is reported". It doesn't matter if you receive 9 reports or 1 report in game. It only counts as "one game reported".

- There are 10 players in 1 game. While there could be 9*9=81 reports going whichever way if everyone reports everyone. Each player has ONE chance of being reported "at least once" on every game.

- Doesn't matter WHO reported who... only takes into considered WHO RECEIVED a report. If you play 10 games you have 10 chances of "being reported at least once" on each game. In 4 games each of the 10 players has the possiblity of being reported at least once. So 40 chances total (10 chances per player).

In other words... if the average player is reported in less than 1% of the games... then it should be VERY easy to find streaks of 4-5 games where noone is reported.

In 100 games there are 1,000 players involved . Since the report rate is 1% PER player there can only be 10 games with reports (1% of 1000) . Even if it is the SAME person being reported the rate is still 1% in average for all players. So out of 100 games people should only be reporting in about 10 of them. This makes sense when you talk about low level, bot games and even normal games, or twisted treeline or dominion games. But if you go to Solo ranked queue this is not the real value.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by C000kiemonstor View Post
Depends, but you will find on average that games under 1500 in solo ranked always have 2-3 players being reported.

So if you are bad you fall into that 1% ... or if you annoy someone for any reason you are the 1% ...

Normals and bots and custom being added into the equation for 1% are why its 1% ....

Ranked only would have it that 95% of games in ranked have at least 1 report which would easily raise the percentage to 10% of players are reported.

Riot clearly has no one with decent math skills...hense how lyte totally screws up everything he does.
I certainly doubt that assesment about mathematical skills. I'm pretty sure they say "1%" as a way to "back themselves up" even if it is an unfair comparison. They are not trying to be "fair" when they tell you the 1%... they are trying to back up their decisions and present them in such a way that there's no room for argueing against it.

I would estimate less than 50% of ranked games having reports more like 25%-35% (or 2.5%-3.33% report rate per player IF only ONE player is reported per game). IF you go with 2 players reported on it games it jumps to 5%-6% rate... etc..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C000kiemonstor

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
You really need to figure out your math. I calculated the possibility of at least one player receiving a report in 4 games. I'll explain it to you a little better.

- The statistic is "% of games were the player is reported". It doesn't matter if you receive 9 reports or 1 report in game. It only counts as "one game reported".

- There are 10 players in 1 game. While there could be 9*9=81 reports going whichever way if everyone reports everyone. Each player has ONE chance of being reported "at least once" on every game.

- Doesn't matter WHO reported who... only takes into considered WHO RECEIVED a report. If you play 10 games you have 10 chances of "being reported at least once" on each game. In 4 games each of the 10 players has the possiblity of being reported at least once. So 40 chances total (10 chances per player).

In other words... if the average player is reported in less than 1% of the games... then it should be VERY easy to find streaks of 4-5 games where noone is reported.

In 100 games there are 1,000 players involved . Since the report rate is 1% PER player there can only be 10 games with reports (1% of 1000) . Even if it is the SAME person being reported the rate is still 1% in average for all players. So out of 100 games people should only be reporting in about 10 of them. This makes sense when you talk about low level, bot games and even normal games, or twisted treeline or dominion games. But if you go to Solo ranked queue this is not the real value.
Thats why we know Riot is getting their math wrong to make people feel bad.

99/100 ranked games there is at least 1 person reported....that means 9.9% of ranked games at minimum ...This is becasue someone almost always gets blamed....

1% of population is a total lie unless you count bot, normal, and custom game farming like you said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C000kiemonstor

Member

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
I certainly doubt that assesment about mathematical skills. I'm pretty sure they say "1%" as a way to "back themselves up" even if it is an unfair comparison. They are not trying to be "fair" when they tell you the 1%... they are trying to back up their decisions and present them in such a way that there's no room for argueing against it.

I would estimate less than 50% of ranked games having reports more like 25%-35% (or 2.5%-3.33% report rate per player IF only ONE player is reported per game). IF you go with 2 players reported on it games it jumps to 5%-6% rate... etc..
Ranked wise I play on 3 different levels.... 300-800 1300-1500 and 1800-2100 .... and in the 300-800 after a lil over 900 games there is at least 1-3 players reported each game, usually the losing team all reports eachother thinking that a loss means someone must have trolled and a ban must happen. You get up to 1300-1500 and you have about 1 per game still and then 1800-2100 there are less reports, but talking to friends, they still report about 50% of their games.

The range I stay away from is 900-1200 and thats becasue that is the most trolly of all ranges where players are intentionally trying to grief and make people lose. That range is by far the most toxic...even more than a 200-300 range which i played around in for about a month. The guys in 200-300 all know eachother and to be honest... many of them are a 2000 elo player, but they have bad attitudes which make them lose, or they use that range to ALT and practice.

Bottom line... the percentage of games where reports take place is probably 80% of games have at least 1 report in ranked over all elo ranges. However many games can also have 4/10 of the people or more reported.

Its tough to do without seeing server data, but it doesnt take a genius to know that Riots 1% does not apply to ranked games alone.

What we want is the ranked games stat i think


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxfordKiller

Member

10-25-2012

Everyone gets reported in 26% of their games. It's a number Lyte likes to use.


123