% of games reported

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

On average, a typical League of Legends players is reported in less than 1% of their games played

I'm curious about this... Why? Who is a typical League of Legends players?. What happens if you are not a typical player? Is that taken into consideration?

I'm gonna make some assumptions... please if you feel they are out of place let me know:

- Players whose summoner are in between levels 1-15 are reported in less games than those in between levels 15-30

- Players who play vs Bots are reported in less games than players who play vs human oponents

- Players who play blind normal games are reported in less games than players who play in draft normal games.

- Players who play drafted normal games are reported in less games tha players who play ranked games

- Players who play in ranked games at higher elo are reported in less games than players who play at mid elo (assume >1500 elo)

- Players who play in ranked games at low elo are reported in less games than players who play at mid elo (assume <900 elo)

Edit: - Players who play without friends (duo/premades) are reported in more games than players who play strictly solo. (Thanks Uninstall Life for the contribution).

So the question would be :
- What's the report rate for a player 900-1500 elo taken into consideration only solo ranked games without duo queue partners ?

Does the statement bolded in the beginning hold true for this? Am I making wild guesses?

UninstaII Life

10-25-2012

Also worth noting, people who play alone get reported more than people who play with friends (duos/teams/etc.).

Playing ranked solo queue without a duo partner probably makes your chances of being reported skyrocket relative to the "average" player.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I think it would hold true for most of the players between 900-1500, but I would assume most outliers also come from that same area or from the lower Elo brackets.

GunflameSmurf

10-25-2012

Geekweezul:

I don't think I understand your comment...
Do you mean?

"I believe the report rate for a players between 900-1500 elo taken into consideration only solo ranked games without duo queue partners is less than 1%?"

Something tells me this is not true... because that would mean you should easily play 8-10 games without anyone reporting anyone. If you ever played at this elo you would know someone is reporting someone at least once every 3-4 games (so 1person reported/40 people played)= 2.5% report rate).

I believe the report rate could be between 2%-5%... Of course I could be mistaken but only riot knows

Geekweezul

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
Geekweezul:

Do you mean?

"I believe the report rate for a players between 900-1500 elo taken into consideration only solo ranked games without duo queue partners is less than 1%?"
Yeah.

Quote:
Something tells me this is not true... because that would mean you should easily play 8-10 games without anyone reporting anyone. If you ever played at this elo you would know someone is reporting someone at least once every 3-4 games (so 1person reported/40 people played)= 2.5% report rate).

I believe the report rate could be between 2%-5%... Of course I could be mistaken but only riot knows
The rate at which someone gives a report, which it seems is the percentage you calculated, is not necessarily equal to the individual report percentage the person being reported has.

Like, that someone may report 1 out of every 36 (you can't report yourself), but he most likely won't be reporting the same person every 3-4 games, right? So while the reporter may have a 2.8% report rate, the person he reported may never get reported again.

Does that make sense or has the morning effect kicked in and screwed up my reasoning?

MadHouse

10-25-2012

Riot includes perm banned accounts and accounts that are not used anymore or were created and only used once in there "1% of players" it is a lot closer to 10-20%.

Atonal Elegy

10-25-2012

Something tells me that a typical player gets reported in more than 1% of their games considering people on a typical team report the person with the worst score on the team when you lose a ranked match.
I don't actually know if it's true, but with all the whining I see in post-game chat...

Or are they talking about only legitimate reports?

Or are we talking about a certain kind of report?

LittleDi

10-25-2012

Quote:
On average, a typical League of Legends players is reported in less than 1% of their games played

I'm curious about this... Why? Who is a typical League of Legends players?. What happens if you are not a typical player? Is that taken into consideration?

- Players who play vs Bots are reported in less games than players who play vs human oponents
I've been playing vs bots for a while now because I wasn't interested in going for the actual pvping for a bit. I've seen players go "It's only bots, you can report me but it won't matter" enough to know that trolls will troll no matter what game type it is.

Quote:
- Players who play blind normal games are reported in less games than players who play in draft normal games.
Would love to have known my normal game report percentage to give you a better bit of data to work from. If Lyte shows up in thread please go ahead and post my reported %. If you have the time normals vs overall.

Quote:
Edit: - Players who play without friends (duo/premades) are reported in more games than players who play strictly solo. (Thanks Uninstall Life for the contribution).
The vast majority of my games are solo. So my report percentage can give you a better clue on this. I hope Lyte posts it.
Quote:
So the question would be :
- What's the report rate for a player 900-1500 elo taken into consideration only solo ranked games without duo queue partners ?

Does the statement bolded in the beginning hold true for this? Am I making wild guesses?
I'm curious as well. Good luck in getting an answer. +1.

Kirukia

10-25-2012

I think you have a good point. I can't imagine it being 1% for players who play PvP since people will oftentimes give false reports (ex. You have a bad game and get reported for intentional feeding). It happens all the time. Not sure if they are counting false reports or not, but I still think it would be more than 1 out of every 100 games as far as PvP matches go.

Now people like me who plays a lot of Co-op and Custom, I doubt I get reported at all. We probably skew the % quite a bit since we aren't put in a situation where reporting is going to happen, especially custom games with friends. When I play customs with one other friend I have only one person to report me, and the chances of them doing that are insanely small since we already get along. If you're solo 5v5 PvPing with 9 strangers you have a much higher chance of them being willing to report you for something.

I also wonder if new accounts are taken into consideration with report percentages. I would imagine they don't, but it's possible. If they haven't had a chance to play socially it would make sense that they have no reports.

C000kiemonstor

10-25-2012

Quote:
Geekweezul:

Do you mean?

Ignore geek, he is a 8 hour a day tribunal troll from Riot

Fact is though... you ahve a point.... we should see an average % reported for elo:

???<500
501<900
901<1300
1301<1500
1501<1800
2100<???

If we would see those numbers for ranked only at ELO ranges.... we would be able to see something rather interesting in solo queue.

Then if you put in the average number of games played per day,week,month,year in those accounts you would see something else.

Someone who plays 10+ games a day and all ranked will be banned while someone who plays 1 a day will not, due to the random reporting and odds that you would have 1 bad game out of 10, and so you would then be reported once a day rather than once every 10 days.

Truely those who play more are punished more often.