Is Riot bring the Lore back?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoblePride

10-25-2012

Title says it all. I do not want to lose hope, but I'm starting to feel the creative storyline that supported the backbone of League of Legends fade away, if not already gone.

kash4null

10-25-2012

Also there hasn't been a journal post in a while

Arcane Azmadi

10-25-2012

If they haven't rolled out something big by the start of Season 3, then I'd say all signs point to "no".

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-25-2012

Wouldn't you argue that part of the new Lore delivery could be tied to the new Twisted Treeline remake to the Shadow Isles? The map delivers in game lore content, with the 2 altars presenting with different quotes, driven by in game champions. One can speculate that future battlefields, will possibly feature Lore based content - perhaps a battlefield located in the heart of Noxus, or Demacia, the mind has no limits...

I think that the best is yet to come. Please continue to be patient, I know that it's been a rough journey, but I know that Riot will not let us down.

-Sylph
Runeterra Chronicler

CARDBOARDWARRIOR

10-25-2012

Riot designers seem very opposed to introducing new maps because they believe it'll splinter the playerbase.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDBOARDWARRIOR View Post
Riot designers seem very opposed to introducing new maps because they believe it'll splinter the playerbase.
New maps don't have to splinter anything. Especially new game modes.

Believe it or not, Riot can make a pretty fun game. I have been believing since 2009, and they haven't let me down yet.

Seth Lightheart

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
Wouldn't you argue that part of the new Lore delivery could be tied to the new Twisted Treeline remake to the Shadow Isles? The map delivers in game lore content, with the 2 altars presenting with different quotes, driven by in game champions. One can speculate that future battlefields, will possibly feature Lore based content - perhaps a battlefield located in the heart of Noxus, or Demacia, the mind has no limits...

I think that the best is yet to come. Please continue to be patient, I know that it's been a rough journey, but I know that Riot will not let us down.

-Sylph
[url2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=256575"]Runeterra Chronicler[/url2]

And I would counter with Riot closing the only red related lore forum post and having no lore department anymore.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lightheart View Post
And I would counter with Riot closing the only red related lore forum post and having no lore department anymore.
I cannot speak for that, I wonder as well.

ThorRush

10-26-2012

I mean, I can speak for that. The post in January was hardly "the only red related lore forum post."

Champion Bio Updates : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=27663027

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We know you want to see new types of storytelling beyond just bios...so do we! Before we can do new stuff to the level we’re shooting for, we first need to build a strong foundation for storytelling. That’s what we’re doing right now.
Riot's approach to Canon : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...77134#29877134
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
When someone asks "is it canon that Katarina retrieved Sion's remains" you can say yes, because all the information you need to make that statement is publicly available.
Does the Shadow Isles not count as "something big by the start of Season 3?" Sure, it's not JoJ scale, but it's not like it happened overnight.