Benefits of having a locked camera if any?

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloradane

10-25-2012

I have been playing League of Legends for half a year roughly, and have recently started seeing posts on the forums about people "unlocking their camera". Since I started playing I have never played a game with my screen locked and personally find it impossible to do.

Was wondering why people play with a locked camera and if it has any advantages over having a free roam camera

Kim Jong Peel

10-25-2012

For lazy people.

Azanir

10-25-2012

I've tried playing with an unlocked camera but found it very cumbersome since I frequently click out of place and lose track of my character.

Seuss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Immersion.

As long as you're still figuring things out, spacebar centers the camera on your character, and the "S" key will allow you to stand still and stop autoattacking until you move again, to be used to give your AP carries blue.

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Been playing since the beta and I play 'locked' 70% of the time.

I actually play unlocked but holding space, so I can easily check other lanes and whatnot and then recenter on myself. Only time I go full unlocked is when I'm in botlane purple side. ****ing hate bot lane purple side. No golems and ****ty angle.

JykkntiBlind

10-25-2012

I had a friend with a really ****ty computer, and he claimed it helped with lag.

Fubby3

10-25-2012

No benifits, unlocked is better, you can check on other lanes and stuff. And you can jut hold space all game to keep it locked.

UtvaraHellkite

10-25-2012

Press space when you are jumping around or expecting to get flung/headbutted/knocked back to keep track of your champ. There's no real benefits to locking your cam (can easely lead to more tunnel vision).

Kelly Price

10-25-2012

I press space when I want the camera to follow me smoothly.

I don't always press space, but when I do... I feel like a noob.

Asylum Lux

10-25-2012

I play with a locked camera, and it confounds me when people say that playing with a locked camera creates some sort of "tunnel vision". I have been playing for about a year and a half, so I have gotten used to moving around the camera with the minimap while keeping it locked on my champion. I never have map awareness issues, really.

12345 ... 7