Smite on new TT?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warbane

10-27-2012

He just hatin' on all your potential money makin'
Seriously though, do what you want, unless its ranked than win lose or draw its just a game and theres nothing wrong with playing your way, thats the purpose of unranked, is to test things out and grow as a player.

FDru

10-27-2012

The only mob worth using smite on is Vilemaw but there's no reason you should be getting that stolen from you anyway. It's too easy to sneak in Vilemaw kills without wards. Usually, by the time you suspect the enemy team is killing him, they already have.

Calderweiss

10-27-2012

I played a game against a TT jungle Rengar and his team. His team was really hard to fight. I think it is a good idea to smite in the early game and play someone like cho or nunu (preferrably cho) then leave the jungle late game.

Squallian

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ┼zure View Post
Please for the love of god, stop saying that it's "still in beta"

You used this thing to replace an established map for the final 10 days of this season, that doesn't fly.
TT wasn't established.

Well, let me correct that. It was established as broken. Quit complaining.

As far as smite goes, its not really generally accepted as bad... however it is -starting- to look like jungle may be less effective than it is supposed to be.

Sicarius a Umbra

10-27-2012

always good for the dragon/vilemaw (now)

Madman Reborn

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbunis View Post
Not only have I been raged at for taking smite, but I've been raged at for jungling in general on the new map.

And they always end up apologizing when I give them a win through altar control and ganks.
Don't be so smug, every jungler i played with gave me a loss by constantly feeding....

Wow Such Juke

10-27-2012

If you have a full jungler, they almost always come out on top with levels and thus ganks are that much easier.

level 5 fiora ganking a level 2 duo bot lane? yes pls

stealthblimp

10-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesh View Post
The map has only been on live for 2 days...

I'd hold off on calling anything "generally accepted" until the meta has actually developed. In addition, this is still the Beta of the map and things will change between now and season 3.
Hey Vesh, I remember you played some 3's with high elo teams to learn how the map worked before it was changed. Are you going to become more involved in this 3's map?

Trick The Pirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

I take smite if no one else on my team does. It allows you to quickly take random jungle camps and secure Vilemaw. Plus on melee champs it allows you to consistently take the cannon creep and stop the lane from pushing too hard in their favour. I found it really good to go Smite/Ghost on Singed and mostly jungled while capping the altars and ganking/covering lanes.

ShadowShrike

10-27-2012

No... no no no no no.
It doesn't MATTER if there are no buff objectives on the map (not true because of the spider)
Smite increases your jungle speed SIGNIFICANTLY, giving you more time to gank!
It's ALWAYS required in a jungle, even in Twisted Treeline.

Not to mention that fights on the Spider are going to require smite securing.