Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

pressing escape freezes my game. WTF!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

schwienhundt

10-25-2012

okay
have never had a bug to report before but this one is blowing my mind
pressing the escape key to close any window whether chat, store, or even the escape menu causes my client to freeze up.
if i press anything during this i get a windows crash window asking me if i want to close the program or wait for it to respond
if i decide to wait its a 10-20 sec hold on everything game related i can still load internet on my second monitor or even continue a movie if i am watching one on the side. Nothing on my side of the game is causing this so id like to hear if anyong else has the same problem

this has caused me a few deaths in ranked already and i am extremely frustrated that the only thing i have to hit during these times is my own property

schwienhundt

11-04-2012

and again my game client is freezing completely everytime i press escape inside of a chat window
15-20 secs of nothing but a white screen and a msg asking me if i want to close this broken program or wait for it to respond
also happens if i hit escape with the store window open.
completely aggravating

schwienhundt

11-12-2012

my client is again freezing up whenever i press escape while i have an open chat window
still no response thanks

Pinker 10

11-12-2012

I'm not a rioter, so I can't offer any information on what does seem rather like a bug, and while my suggestion may seem a little lacking, try closing via clicking the x at top of screen, or alternatively o for the score screen, and p for the store. If these commands, the ones used to open them in the first place and close them after, still freeze your game, you have a very serious problem and it's very likely Riot will look into it, rather less likely you will get a red response.

xHeimtechZX

01-11-2013

I have the same problem as well. It started around the preseason-3 patch Its really annoying.
I'm going to follow this post in case someone replies..

LoLJukeYou

01-31-2013

i'm getting this same problem, recently only started during pre-season 3. really frustrating because it doesnt happen all the time, maybe 1-3 times a week depending on how much i play

vVolfgang

02-03-2013

I'm getting this as well. Please fix this, it's kinda annoying when you subconsciously press the esc button and the game freezes haha.

Admimistrator

03-13-2013

This bug haven't received much love I see?

Yet, the bug is still there.

Can someone please resolve why this happens to some people?

I will try complete reinstall of game, hopefully that will help.

Cheers