The New Twisted Treeline Beta is Live

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zizux

10-26-2012

It seems to me that with this new map and items that the most common AD & Tank builds have been nerffed and the AP is now OP?

Feel free to correct me, I've played a few games with different people.

I think that this would be a good addition but it shouldn't replace the original twisted treeline.

WrathgarWarlord

10-26-2012

You messed up my favorite map TT and have yet to respond to the huge post asking why we can't have both maps. It's on the TT forums. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2694690

Why is this huge fan base being ignored? We would like answers riot! This post has over 190 pages and is growing...

BunnyScope

10-26-2012

Personally not a great fan of it, feels too much like a mix of dominion and 3s whereas before it was more related to 5s

WantonDelite

10-26-2012

I think by eliminating the option of the original TT map, Riot hopes to force people to try, play, and (hopefully) enjoy the new TT map. Most people aren't fond of change. Especially when something that is currently implemented is working. I'm sure they will bring back the old TT map. Just not until they are sure players have given the new map a chance. I'm placing my bets on 1 or so weeks for the return of the old map =)

xThaydx

Recruiter

10-26-2012

I definitely want the old TT back, because I like both maps. This new one is so distinct it really feels like a new game mode.

Which brings me to my feedback. This new map really encourages teamfights early and heavy harass/aggressive play. I think it'd really help if champions started at a higher level like they do in Dominion. Early game feels REALLY slow in terms of leveling, because there is just constant teamfighting that prevents you from farming.

furyz ztr

10-26-2012

So we will never be able to play the original TT?

manphib

10-26-2012

The new map looks great, but I'm not too fond of the game play. I really don't like the capture spots, it does feel more like dominion than a 5v5 match. This is a totally different experience. I'm not a fan of dominion and usually don't play 5v5 because they take almost an hour on average.

Widening the 'bottle neck areas really prevents the idea of a comeback. It seems like once you are being pushed, you'll never be able to make it up, especially if the other team claims both the points in the middle and gets the double buff. In my opinion, once you get pushed you'll never be able to come back. I foresee A LOT of surrenders after losing your first two turrets. The one thing I liked about the old TT is it was NEVER over until you lost your turret at the NEXUS, and even then, you still had a chance.

Having to run around from the spawn point to get to the nexus to defend it is also a pain. You used to be able to defend straight when coming back alive, now you have to run all the way around and that could be the difference between saving your turret and losing.

Also, I REALLY dislike taking away the upper jungle. That was great for escape routes, farming.

I'd personally rather have the old TT with a graphics upgrade.

Pros to new map: Spider and graphics
Cons: Everything else.

Aristaus

10-26-2012

This was very uncalled for Riot. I have been an avid TT player for almost 2 years. I have grown to love every intricacy involved with strategy/pushing/ganking/warding/positioning. This new map makes me feel like you are catering to the masses of casual players that have the attention span of an insect and want to run in and die over and over again.

CORRECT this new map does inspire more frequent team fights. However, the team fights feel much less meaningful. Instead of positioning your team just right or slowly wearing someone down in a lane through superior skill and making skilled use of your environment to finally get that kill you've been trying so hard for, you are forced to run in like a pack of drunken migrant workers fighting over the last Corona. Too fast, hard to strategize, and no room for setting up ganks.

The feeling I get from this map is not that of dominion. It is more like a CoD Black Ops team deathmatch game where a bunch of kids with ADD are running at each other hoping to kill someone, dying, re spawning quickly, and repeating. the old TT was more like BF3 where you had to work with bottle necks in strategic ways, make proper use of your vast environment.

To each his own but I will be quitting this game forever if you do not bring the old TT back as a matchmaking option. I have invested hours upon hours and a decent amount of money on your company and I do not appreciate the disregard for my customer satisfaction.

I Found Baron

10-26-2012

Do we get the old one back after Halloween ends?

An87YearOldWoman

10-26-2012

WOW, CLAP CLAP CLAP. ****ing story of my life. Here is a g*d D*mn hint. IF ITS NOT BROKEN DONT TRY AND FIX IT!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT HARD!! Twisted tree was a fun fast paced map. That map had high ganks and exalt laneing. This map, well this map it total ****. You cant gank or set up team fights as well, there are no wards which is just retarded and now there are no buffs available on the map. So basically you are giving all the loyal very happy 3v3 player the finger. THANKS RIOT!!!! IF anything make this a a dominion off shoot for 3v3 maps, and BRING BACK THE OLD MAP. There is no reason to take away the old map at all. Why lower the number of play options you allow players to use? So in summary SCREW YOU RIOT... AGAIN!!!! and bring back the old 3v3 map.

Sincerely, a none sheep player; who will tell you what he actually thinks,

-An87YearOldWoman