Journey for Silent Night Sona!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Bump before dinner and walk.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Bumpity-bobity-boo!

Crypsix

10-25-2012

Stop with these threads, please!

This isn't a merchant trading boards. It was a skin offered during the time you weren't around. It makes owning it exclusive and mean something to those that have it.

I have this skin, and yes I love it, but that doesn't mean I'd go out of my way and try to get 2000 upvotes and get someone to trade with me just because someone in an old thread started this.

This isn't set in stone and it's sad seeing so many people trying to do this.

It's like if someone as a child was in a playground, wanted to trade their lollipop in for another flavor, and the teacher said "Oh, alright." and then all these kids started following this action because they want their own favorite flavor, knowing full well that the flavor has been discontinued.

I'm sorry if this comes off as mean but it just really annoys me. Don't worry, I didn't downvote you but I really think everyone with a "2K Upvotes PLX NED SKIN 4 LIFE" should really stop.

We get it, someone had it done. Doesn't mean everyone is entitled to the same treatment. It was a kind gesture, not a rule of thumb.

Zastie

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypsix View Post
Stop with these threads, please!

This isn't a merchant trading boards. It was a skin offered during the time you weren't around. It makes owning it exclusive and mean something to those that have it.

I have this skin, and yes I love it, but that doesn't mean I'd go out of my way and try to get 2000 upvotes and get someone to trade with me just because someone in an old thread started this.

This isn't set in stone and it's sad seeing so many people trying to do this.

It's like if someone as a child was in a playground, wanted to trade their lollipop in for another flavor, and the teacher said "Oh, alright." and then all these kids started following this action because they want their own favorite flavor, knowing full well that the flavor has been discontinued.

I'm sorry if this comes off as mean but it just really annoys me. Don't worry, I didn't downvote you but I really think everyone with a "2K Upvotes PLX NED SKIN 4 LIFE" should really stop.

We get it, someone had it done. Doesn't mean everyone is entitled to the same treatment. It was a kind gesture, not a rule of thumb.
Actually, I talked directly to Hippalus and he said I could actually get this to happen should I get 2K upvotes and someone willing to trade. The word from the only one who can make it happen seems pretty set in stone to me, he said this whole thing with threads was him testing skin trading out, as in it may be something done w/o GD and just through some system.

And you may say you enjoy the skin but wouldn't do this for it, but I'm willing to do so however.

Also, whats wrong with wanted a different lollipop flavor one in a while..?

EDIT: If you've ever played WoW you'll notice that the chat called "Trade Chat" is hardly used for trade at all, it's the GD of WoW, eventhough it's not called GD.. This is the only place I can do this and the 1st guy did it in GD too, along with someone who did it(and got the skin after 2K votes) for Snow Bunny Nidalee. Why is it so wrong to try?

Crypsix

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
Actually, I talked directly to Hippalus and he said I could actually get this to happen should I get 2K upvotes and someone willing to trade. The word from the only one who can make it happen seems pretty set in stone to me, he said this whole thing with threads was him testing skin trading out, as in it may be something done w/o GD and just through some system.

And you may say you enjoy the skin but wouldn't do this for it, but I'm willing to do so however.

Also, whats wrong with wanted a different lollipop flavor one in a while..?

EDIT: If you've ever played WoW you'll notice that the chat called "Trade Chat" is hardly used for trade at all, it's the GD of WoW, eventhough it's not called GD.. This is the only place I can do this and the 1st guy did it in GD too, along with someone who did it(and got the skin after 2K votes) for Snow Bunny Nidalee. Why is it so wrong to try?
What's wrong with wanting a different lollipop flavor? It's been discontinued. Not only that, you're requiring constant bumping + upvotes to even get a skin trade done.

Not only that, it takes up space. Sure, I seen worse threads pop up in General Discussion but this doesn't make this acceptable.

I don't hate on skin trading, but I hate the method people are going about.

Basically, it's the same Facebook status like syndrome that I'm fed up with.

"I need upvotes or likes for something to happen guys!"

I could say too bad, you weren't around life isn't fair, but I don't blame you for wanting a skin or any other people for that matter. I just think I've had enough of these threads ever since 1 person decided to take an initiative, now everyone is on the bandwagon.

ZapMyHeart

10-25-2012

Quote:
What's wrong with wanting a different lollipop flavor? It's been discontinued. Not only that, you're requiring constant bumping + upvotes to even get a skin trade done.

Not only that, it takes up space. Sure, I seen worse threads pop up in General Discussion but this doesn't make this acceptable.

I could say too bad, you weren't around life isn't fair, but I don't blame you for wanting a skin or any other people for that matter. I just think I've had enough of these threads ever since 1 person decided to take an initiative, now everyone is on the bandwagon.
Well, ask Hippalus to create a better method then. To be honest, I see nothing wrong with these threads because getting to 2k upvotes is a difficult task. Only those who are the most dedicated is trying to do this. So why rain on their parade? Besides, these threads are better than most of the junk that is constantly filling up the first page of GD anyways.

Crypsix

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapMyHeart View Post
Well, ask Hippalus to create a better method then. To be honest, I see nothing wrong with these threads because getting to 2k upvotes is a difficult task. Only those who are the most dedicated is trying to do this. So why rain on their parade? Besides, these threads are better than most of the junk that is constantly filling up the first page of GD anyways.
I could care less if it's difficult.

You have 1 person do this trade. Suddenly, 10 threads pop up. People see those 10 threads, and join the bandwagon and it becomes 50+.

Sure, there is a demand for skin trading but honestly, these threads are annoying when they come in masses.

It's like companies constantly competing for advertisement space.

"Sir! A moment of your time in the name of _________(skin)."

Zastie

10-25-2012

Quote:

Alrighty then I'll give this another go..

The flavor may be discontinued but someone told me someone else had the flavor and I needed only the teachers approval and then to be willing to trade. There a problem still..?

As to this being "unacceptable" what is acceptable then? I do recall it's called general discussion, which BTW I'm discussing something with you right now.

I don't do Facebook so the only thing I can say to that comment is, LoL already has status settings and this is not it.

And whats wrong with trying something thats been personaly given the go to me and I'm not the only person doing this as you mentioned, I'll have you know I've seen another thread like this that got it to happen incase you didn't already read me saying that. Hippalus says hes ok with people doing this(in GD and all) because hes testing it out. Whats the big deal with the hating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapMyHeart View Post
My point here ^. There is no other way to do this, I'm willing to go onto this thread and bump it for as long as it takes, I've always wanted this skin and I'm not gonna give up because one person says they dislike seeing it on GD. Don't like it? Don't click on it then. Simple as that.

Crypsix

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
Alrighty then I'll give this another go..

The flavor may be discontinued but someone told me someone else had the flavor and I needed only the teachers approval and then to be willing to trade. There a problem still..?

As to this being "unacceptable" what is acceptable then? I do recall it's called general discussion, which BTW I'm discussing something with you right now.

I don't do Facebook so the only thing I can say to that comment is, LoL already has status settings and this is not it.

And whats wrong with trying something thats been personaly given the go to me and I'm not the only person doing this as you mentioned, I'll have you know I've seen another thread like this that got it to happen incase you didn't already read me saying that. Hippalus says hes ok with people doing this(in GD and all) because hes testing it out. Whats the big deal with the hating?

My point here ^. There is no other way to do this, I'm willing to go onto this thread and bump it for as long as it takes, I've always wanted this skin and I'm not gonna give up because one person says they dislike seeing it on GD. Don't like it? Don't click on it then. Simple as that.
I wish I could filter them, but sadly not.

It's nothing personal to you, it's to everyone. You just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Also, it's an issue when the main discussion of the "classroom" is changed from being general, to being bombarded with "TEACHER, TEACHER, HALP, I WANT NEW FLAVOR AND JOHNY WANTS TO TRADE ME. CAN I CAN I CAN I?!" while other students are trying to get more value out of the discussion.

Anyways, done trying to explain why I dislike these threads. Good Luck.

Zastie

10-25-2012

I'm not trying to argue, but I am trying to do something I've been given the ok for, if seeing this thread ticks you off then just ignore it and keep scrolling through the threads. =|