Does Riven fall off end game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BattleBootyRiven

10-24-2012

When I play jax I hardly feel like I fall off.. but riven is kinda arg.. Kinda wet noodle damage compared to jax.

Elodin

10-24-2012

Riven is a snowballer. You get kills early on with her strong early game damage and you stay strong throughout the game, you don't and you fall behind. Do or die.

x Bowl v

10-25-2012

Rivens late game is much stronger than Jax's.
She becomes ridiculously tanky with her shield every 4 seconds, that scales with 100% of bonus AD (And technically resistances like all shields).
Her AD ratio on her passive is ridiculous too, basically gives every auto attack an extra 50% damage.

Beija

10-25-2012

Riven needs premium gas all the time. Give her unleaded and she breaks down.

Nishaven90

10-25-2012

She does falls off late game damage wise but her CC and team fighting utility is still there.

Jax is one of the strongest late game champions with his passive steroids, autoattack resets and dodge.

CerealBoxOfDoom

10-25-2012

Riven only falls off if you try to be a carry and build nothing but damage, damage, and more damage with maybe 1 defensive buff item at best. Riven does best with several defenses and relying on her own power rather than items to empower her to beatface

Elodin

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Riven only falls off if you try to be a carry and build nothing but damage, damage, and more damage with maybe 1 defensive buff item at best. Riven does best with several defenses and relying on her own power rather than items to empower her to beatface

Ok, I don't even know how to describe how wrong this is.

Maybe because it's vague, if by just damage you mean 5 BTs and a GA, then maybe (Though Riven would rape with that) but Riven should not just be building tanky DPS, that's not her style.

I get so sick of seeing FM, Atma, Maw, GA, Omen, Merc on Rivens, you're completely destroying your damage with that and even though you may get some KS with your ult, you aren't helping your team that much unless you are getting focused (Which the other team shouldn't really bother with)

A few defensive items are good, Maw comes to mind instantly as well as Guardian's Angel, but you need big damage items on Riven to keep her from falling off, Bloodthirster is her best friend.

fastplay

10-25-2012

@x Bowl v if Rivens get fed it stronger then jax but if she do not it is a bit weaker. I really do not like rivens because she more of a early game champion and do fall off abit less fed most top laner the olaf or ireali are better late game by a lot. Also jax is somewhat the same like rivens less fed jax late game is not really all that much.