hey my computer keeps shutting down only when playing LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf saitohajime

11-18-2012

hey my computer shuts down while playing LoL and i don't know why it keeps donig that after about 10-15mins in game it keeps shutting down and when i am on the internet for countless hours computer wont shut down is there anyway i can fix this maybe someone can help me or something? It is really pissing me off and this game great and would love to play it

Alamiator

11-18-2012

Overheats?

Wolf saitohajime

11-18-2012

My problem:
My computer down randomly when playing LoL.. About 10-15mins in game
What I have done:
i dont know what to do i have removed files maybe the computer usage is a lot i have no clue its not over heating

One oddity:umm i have tried many things but nothing happens

can you please help?

Wolf saitohajime

11-18-2012

no it doesn't over heat lol... i am on internet for a long time shoudln't that over heat?

end3r

11-18-2012

Umm...Check eventlogs? See if windows is throwing an exception. If no exceptions are being thrown then its possible that your machine is overheating. In that case, clean out all of your fans and case. Get some canned air and clean out the dust etc.

Amelie

11-18-2012

It might be your graphics card overheating? Check all the fans, make sure nothing is too dusty.

King Cauz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf saitohajime View Post
no it doesn't over heat lol... i am on internet for a long time shoudln't that over heat?

no.

Tyhan

11-18-2012

Two likely problems
One: Overheating
Two: Your PSU can't support your hardware running at the high outputs they can do

You can check the overheating by downloading Speccy and checking that while ingame, as for the second you might just have to look up the power requirements of your hardware and see what your PSU can actually do. Definitely try playing other modern games and see if your computer crashes from them too.

end3r

11-18-2012

Check your eventlogs before doing anything....Could be as simple as a driver issue.

Habimaru

11-18-2012

CPU Thermometer to double-check CPU-Temperatures.
One time I had a stealth-virus on the system that was causing problems during LoL (forgot what it was called).
Double-Check for suspicious system-processes (Ctrl+Shift+Esc & Show Processes From ALL Users).

EDIT: Found the information that removed the infection I had ( http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0?tab=MoreHelp )