After Playing A Few Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deferionus

10-25-2012

After playing a few games I do find this to be a promising map. I found the old map to be just as much fun, if not more, and less gimmicky. The altars and such make map, as I said, feel gimmicky and I don't feel as serious about the map as a result. I think both the new and old maps should be available, but as this probably won't happen I will write a review.

On the old TTL at lvl 11 I could usually solo the top boss. This is no longer the case. In fact, it's difficult for two lvl 15s to do. This is a negative and positive in various lights. It's less for me to do as a top, but at the same time with the altars, probably should be this way.

Speaking of the altars, not only do they make the fight feel gimmicky, they also make things complex. Too complex for 3v3. It feels like there is too much moving around and not enough laning inside the game. It's to the point you kill a wave of minions then run to an altar or bot to help your team mates. In the old 3v3 I could establish my lane, gain the upper hand there, and after awhile go help bot establish their's. Now with the altars and the movement constantly going on I never feel as though I've established myself instead of running around.

And as for running around, I think the map being more open is overall a negative, especially without wards. You can be fighting someone in your lane and in the time it takes to kill them someone can come from bot to top and stun you so you cannot finish your kill. This to me is unrewarding game play, and makes me feel robbed every time it happens. Moving yourself from top to bottom should take some foresight and planning, and not be something so near instantaneous. What would be a kill feeding you and helping you gain on the enemy team, is often you instead losing ground.

Ultimately, these changes will take time to adapt to and will simply lead to new strategies, but they take away a lot of what was the spirit of the old TTL. I would be happy with the old TTL being brought back and wards being re-added, with perhaps the stipulation of only three wards active per team at any time.

Attilian

10-25-2012

The problem with that is with 3 ward's up why even have fog of war...also after a few games I like the altar mechanic but I think that the timer on them is too short. Taking an altar should be like a jungle buff. It should be at least a 2.5 minute lock if not a 3 minute lock. this would allow there to be time to lane and a jungler would have a better time instead of ot constantly be fighting over altars. That And I think traps And shrooms need to work differently in 3s than they do 5s. I think that it makes teemo nid and cait unreasonably strong because of the map control they gain from their abilities. Every game has had a teemo.

WillWW

10-25-2012

I enjoy the new map. I still love the old tt, but I this one is growing on me. The new boss is tough, my first game I duoed it with a lvl 9 vayne and I was an 11 warwick. Im still getting used to the items. A subpar MF facerolled me with her stupid little sanguine blade and wicked hatchet (although I outleveled her by 2 and 20 more cs and bring 13/3 compared to her 3/5). This map, it seems, is going to require much more coordination and teamwork.

Girafossauro

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attilian View Post
The problem with that is with 3 ward's up why even have fog of war...
Exactly. At first i thought, wow thats stupid, no wards? But after playing a few games i realized its better without. And with a map this small you get used to kind of predicting were someone is simpling by seeing him entering the jungle.