New Players, High Level Play

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

B3NJ3214

10-24-2012

Hi, this is B3NJ3214, cordially inviting anyone who would like to get involved in some level 30 play or get some tips for certain champs/roles (AP mid being my personal specialty) to add me online. If you'd like to see some challenge or jump skill levels quickly, playing with higher leveled summoners is the way to go. Sure you will probably get killed... alot. However, the good half of that is that you will come out of the game knowing a little bit more about how not to play and a little more about strategy, placements and timing, and jungling. which are good things to know about when sort of climbing the proverbial wall into summoner badassery. i started last year and hit level 30 in about two months, by holding my own in high level games.

The people we play with are cordial and inviting and love to help people learn the game. No raging, bigotry, or harassment will ensue.
B3NJ3214
Lvl 30

R3d Vip3r

10-24-2012

@B3NJ3214 you add me I would like to play in some lvl 30 games

N00b destr0yer

10-24-2012

Please don't... there are enough noobs as it is...

chaser676

10-25-2012

Playing with level 30's.... what a great way to ruin games and probably turn the new player off completely.

Burbinator

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Playing with level 30's.... what a great way to ruin games and probably turn the new player off completely.
well, they probably WILL learn a lot. they will also probably lose really really badly.

you know, i really have to wonder how match making works. a week ago i had two games where i happened to lane against a sub 30. Needless to say i completely crushed them and went legendary. But how the hell does matchmaking put a platinum player in any kind of game with a sub 30? i mean yeah normal elo isnt directly tied to ranked, but holy **** they should not be anywhere near my games, or near the games of even gold or silver players (on average; maybe some troll their normal games super hard while tryharding in ranked, of course)

chaser676

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbinator View Post
you know, i really have to wonder how match making works. a week ago i had two games where i happened to lane against a sub 30. Needless to say i completely crushed them and went legendary. But how the hell does matchmaking put a platinum player in any kind of game with a sub 30? i mean yeah normal elo isnt directly tied to ranked, but holy **** they should not be anywhere near my games, or near the games of even gold or silver players (on average; maybe some troll their normal games super hard while tryharding in ranked, of course)
Matchmaking is always super sporadic with me too. I almost exclusively play with 3 or 4 man premades, so I'm used to playing against opponents with a much higher ranking than me. I'm in the mid silver bracket, but I see plat players all the time. It's awful. But I grit my teeth and play through it.

On the other hand, my roommate picked up the game recently and is level 28 and only plays blind. Have you queued with a sub 30 in blinds lately? It's like you're a god among men.

B3NJ3214

10-25-2012

ok i dont necessarily mean playing in random queue matched. besides if you lose its ok. getting your ass handed to you sometimes lets you know what your doing wrong. I played with 30's the entire time ive been playing i jumped skill level alot. my friends and myself are willing to let a few matches slip through our fingers to help the people that are starting. sometimes i play with my really really new friends on a smurf but i play champs ive never played or dont know how to play. to give it a sort of evened out field, while i realize it doesnt always work it is still better than playing my mian against low level players.

B3NJ3214

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by N00b destr0yer View Post
Please don't... there are enough noobs as it is...
well this is kinda my way of helping those people get better so they dont get constantly harassed and just stop playing. The only way to get better is to play and sometimes that meas challenging yourself.

B3NJ3214

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
well either they move on their own and possibly not get that skill level or build help that they need, and still get harassed and beaten on, OR they get beat for the first 15 levels and then play at their own level and feel like they are actually better, because they will be.

phatmonkey91

10-25-2012

i personally always played with lvl 30s who had been playing for a couple yrs wen i started. i always got wreaked but when i took what i knew into games at my lvl i would be able to carry so hard. Honestly its for people who dont get frustrated easy and want a way to learn. The best way to learn is to get your ass beat and find out what you are doing wrong.