Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shadow Isles Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CashanDraven

10-24-2012

Quote:
MaelstromofLight:
Mundo goes where he pl......awwww

Too bad it doesn't do enough to shut Mundo or any other healing reliant character down. sure the healing reduc is nice, but for the cost, it's very under-powered. Especially in line with the other items that have been released with this patch. Ignite is still your best option.

Also..where is the patch? I mean...seriously..did it dematerialize after the notes were put out?

Diminuendo

10-24-2012

Elise..where?

PoolPartyGragas

10-24-2012

Wtf! That nerf on skarner! You'll make him unplayable at high elo!

xJafx

10-24-2012

Quote:
Dragonock:
See the thing with this was, they wanted even faster 3v3s, the past ones I've been in have stretched to 45 minutes which isn't what riot wanted, so a counter for champs with high regen that drag the game on was logical

But still, thats a big nerf to champions such as swain who don't drag the game on, but surely need his ultimate to survive in the middle of fights....

SpaceGiraffes

10-24-2012

honestly, the dumbest thing I've ever seen is this nerf to Sona. "hurr durr she has strong poke, lets nerf her base stats while rengar & jayce run rampant despite nerfs"

Seriously, why Riot. Leave the supports alone.

PoolPartyGragas

10-24-2012

Quote:
Stereopsis:
honestly, the dumbest thing I've ever seen is this nerf to Sona. "hurr durr she has strong poke, lets nerf her base stats while rengar & jayce run rampant despite nerfs"

Seriously, why Riot. Leave the supports alone.

Rengar is seriously nerfed in this patch.. and Jayce get a little nerf too..

Hidden Sniper

10-24-2012

Quote:
metafoxx:
WTF. Really. This patch doesn't just have tons of huge nerfs, it has tons of huge nerfs on things that have been that way for an extremely long time.

Ez's W has been reducing AS for over TWO YEARS. And they just now decide to remove it entirely?
DFG has had high nuke and cdr for over TWO YEARS. And they just now decide to remove cdr entirely and hard nerf the nuke?
Skarner's ult has been doing that for over a year, but suddenly it's not ok?
Rengar has been out for what, like 3 months? And they just now get around to giving him huge nerfs?

Seriously, what is Riot thinking? Do they honestly believe that anyone who uses any of those things will be happy? I could understand nerfing those things to some degree, but to suddenly come out of nowhere and not just nerf but completely remove so many effects and neuter so many things, it literally doesn't make sense. Not a single one of those changes was needed, certainly not to that ridiculous extent that they took it to. They didn't even put out a patch preview to try to explain any of this. New TT aside, this is one of the worst patches I have ever seen for LoL, and I can only hope that a lot of these changes get undone soon.

- Sivir Rework
- Summoner Spell Removals due to being "OP" (What they said about Fortify, but we keep Flash?)
- Corki's Blind Removal
- Stark's Rework/Item removals
- Tryndamere Rework, then nerfs to reverse what the rework fixed

I could go on and on and on, but Riot has been doing this for the two years I've played. Get used to it.

Season 1 was amazing. And I wish it was back. This is the second worst patch that I've seen.

Takhuan

10-24-2012

Are you serious? YOU ARE REALLY GOING TO REPLACE THE ORIGINAL TWISTED TREELINE? NO< NO< NO IT WASN"T EVEN IN BETA FOR A WEEK> ITS BROKEN ITS NOT BETTER.

SpaceGiraffes

10-24-2012

Quote:
Alanaa The Wise:
*NEW ITEM* Wicked Hatchet
Recipe: Cloak of Agility + Long Sword
Total gold cost: 1955 (combine cost: 710)
+20 Attack Damage
+18% Critical Strike Chance
Unique Passive: Your basic attacks inflict Grievous Wounds on enemy champions, causing 50% reduced healing and regeneration for 1.5 seconds.

Hmm, so now I cant even play Warwick, or Swain in 3v3? I mean the item has crit, and attack damage + a heal debuff on EVERY auto attack? Why even give this active ability to champions like Miss Fortune, Fizz and Kat, if everyone can just buy an item to do it. Other than that it looks good!

I agree these items have some ridiculous effects but I guess its to add to the "fast pace" idea being incorporated into the new TT.

Kelebai

10-24-2012

I'm sure I'll get hazed for this, but I've played more matches on rengar since he came out than any other champion and I completely support the nerf. Am I happy about it? No, but only because I've wrecked too many matches with him.

CAN he be countered? Absolutely, so can anyone else. The fact that a superior player can beat an inferior player should not be surprising nor factored into Riot's thinking for their balance changes. Which also makes balancing a difficult and constant struggle.

If people are right and the changes are too much, they'll change him back. Relax. For the time being, with the correct elixer and items I could get rengars ult to nearly a 30 second cd. With his nuke potential, a 30 second cd is just ridiculous.

Now people will have to play him more like an assassin and less like a bruiser, which was his whole idea when created.