Improved Shop UI Navigation - Mockup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qsario

10-24-2012

I made a little mockup for how to improve the shop's UI. Right now the shop is a little bit clumsy, especially for us supports who have to bounce back & forth between consumables and the other categories.

I mean, every game, we have to click Magic -> Mana Regen (buy charm) -> back -> back -> consumables -> (buy wards/pots). And then dig through a ton of other categories later on. Yes, I'm used to it and I have the paths down by heart, but that doesn't mean I like clicking when I want to hurry back to the fight. With this setup, I could click magic->mana regen (buy charm)->click consumables (buy wards), saving time.

Not to mention, our suggested build is nothing like the way dedicated supports actually build. Free week Janna makes that painfully clear, watching them tornado farm and take no GP10s.

My mockup makes navigation a lot easier. Rather than having to go back to the top level every time, it makes the top level (Defense, Attack, Magic, Movement, Consumables) so that it's always exactly one click away. It also adds a search feature, so that if you can't remember where an item is hiding, you can search for it directly.

Finally, it makes the "close" button bigger. Maybe it's just me or it only matters if you shrink the HUD, but frankly, the button is way too small and more than once, I've missed it when I'm in a hurry to get back to the fight. Yeah, you can hit escape a couple times too, but this would just make things easier.

It would also be nice if you could put your own build, per character, into the shop, though this is less useful given that most players have to change it around on a per-game basis. These are little things and they save only a few seconds, but when you need a power boost for a critical teamfight, you can't afford to waste time in the shop. Maybe it only saves two seconds per visit, but two seconds is all it takes for them to burst someone down because you had 2k gold and needed more power.

It seems like the forum shrinks my image when I attach it. You can see it full-size on imgur, where it's easier to read. Yes, the icons are crappy, I grabbed the first things I could find. It's just a mock-up; LoL has real artists who can do better.

Qsario

10-24-2012

Ok, so I finally noticed that they do have breadcrumbs that are clickable. I honestly never noticed them before. So that does help a little, but still, you can only go to "home" rather than picking a category directly, so this would still save a click.

migty1joe

11-07-2012

Make bigger picture. I cant see nothing there

Acidminded

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by migty1joe View Post
Make bigger picture. I cant see nothing there
Use scroll wheel on your mouse while holding CTRL on keyboard to zoom in.

I do like the idea of the search bar at the very least. The rest is a bit unnecessary imo.