Elo hell doesn't exist lawl.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angrygocmen

10-24-2012

It's like saying poverty doesn't exist. And every single human being who is poor did it to themselves by negative thinking and had nothing to do with how badly the universe screwed them over no matter how hard they tried lol. Elo hell is as real as much as real hell is fake. Who is going to pay for my medical bills? Riot? The 2000 raging trolls I reported in this month alone? Medicaid doesn't cover back injuries due to trying to carry so many teams xD

MorikTheMad

10-24-2012

Umm... except that unlike poverty, which can occur due to a wide variety of outside circumstances (being born into it, being ruined by a natural disaster, and a bajillion other ways), your ELO is a result of matches in LoL.

In these matches, you get yourself + 4 players around the same ELO, vs 5 players also around the same ELO.

If you are better, then over time the fact that your team has you on it will bring you ahead. Because its 1 guy better than the ELO, plus 4 guys at that ELO, vs 5 guys at that ELO.

t3hep1cf47m4n

10-24-2012

Quote:
which can occur due to a wide variety of outside circumstances (having an AFKer, having someone on the team who's just starting off, having someone get completely outplayed and is stubborn, and a bajillion other faults with the system),

see what i did there?

moomerator

10-24-2012

I understand having bad luck can set you back if you for example had a string of bad teams just starting off... fact of the matter is though that assuming you are good, then your team has 4potential trolls/noobs vs the enemy team having 5potentialbad trolls/noobs. Fact of the matter is that statistically speaking, for every 4peoplepage on your team who throw the game, 5 on the other team will , meaning your elo will rise surely and steadly even if all you are is average, if your elo is going down slowly try a more posatice attitude, sounds cliche and never feels like it, but it rlly does work

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

How is it that it's so hard for people to realize they might actually be bad?

I'm 750 ELO. I deserve to be here. Why can't other people admit that?

TheSnuke

10-24-2012

Went from 950 elo to 1460 where I sit now. It doesn't exist. Stop crying and get better.

SynSasion

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorikTheMad View Post
Umm... except that unlike poverty, which can occur due to a wide variety of outside circumstances (being born into it, being ruined by a natural disaster, and a bajillion other ways), your ELO is a result of matches in LoL.

In these matches, you get yourself + 4 players around the same ELO, vs 5 players also around the same ELO.

If you are better, then over time the fact that your team has you on it will bring you ahead. Because its 1 guy better than the ELO, plus 4 guys at that ELO, vs 5 guys at that ELO.

Too bad its not around the same elo. Usually there is a range, so teams will have a much higher elo player as well as a much lower elo player.

Also dont forget about the amount of players with bad attitudes in each elo bracket. The lower the elo, the more player with bad attitudes.

FaerellG

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hep1cf47m4n View Post
Quote:
which can occur due to a wide variety of outside circumstances (having an AFKer, having someone on the team who's just starting off, having someone get completely outplayed and is stubborn, and a bajillion other faults with the system)
see what i did there?
Yes, I saw what you did there. You created false equivalency.

Having 1 bad game isn't going to ruin your entire Elo career and drop you down to 3 digit Elo.

While having 1 natural disaster, or simply being "born" into poverty will leave you there.

If you want to create an equivalent comparison, then you would have to say that a single lost game would cause you to drop dot 3 digit Elo. Or perhaps you are automatically inserted into extremely low Elo. Neither of which happen.

Owl Be Back

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

people who think elo hell is real have obviously never played in 2k elo

ErektErik

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrygocmen View Post
It's like saying poverty doesn't exist. And every single human being who is poor did it to themselves by negative thinking and had nothing to do with how badly the universe screwed them over no matter how hard they tried lol. Elo hell is as real as much as real hell is fake. Who is going to pay for my medical bills? Riot? The 2000 raging trolls I reported in this month alone? Medicaid doesn't cover back injuries due to trying to carry so many teams xD
I agree with you that Elo hell does not exist, but your facts look like they were taken from a first grader who was assigned to write an essay about why we have poverty. First of all, Elo does not exist because it is a term used by the community to cover up the fact that their team is losing, and I can not explain to people enough that the reason why their team is losing is probably because everyone begins to rage at each other due to a mistake and never discuss on how the team can work on improving their weak spots. Second, not many people realize that all most everyone in, "Elo hell" says that they should not be in Elo hell. There for, if everyone's Elo was magically boosted up to 1500 Elo, then Elo hell would exist at the 1500 Elo range instead of the previous 1200 Elo range; thus proving that Elo hell is just a widespread excuse used to actually say, "My personal Elo should be 2000 not 1200". Finally, if you read how unranked and ranked match making ques work, you will notice that these two match making ques work exactly the same. The only difference is in unranked you can not see your Elo, were in ranked you can see your Elo, champion stats, and win ratio. Overall, if you use the term Elo hell you are probably using it just to make your self sound better then others, and should stop using the term because it creates a toxic atmosphere within the team you are playing with, causing team moral to diminish, and team communication to weaken, making you the cause of all your loses.