How to Play Against Anivia Mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Persona00

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I'm having a lot of problems laning against Anivia lately. My main is Swain and I'd like some advice on how to lane against her, aside from choosing a different champion or getting my jungler to gank more.

The main problem I have is that once she hits 6 she can push and harass me to no end. Even if we both have blue buff I can't freeze the minions and they get pushed back to my turret where I lose cs and then she goes to roam or do wraiths. On top or that glacial storm into frostbite is something you can't really avoid when the circle just appears on top of you.

When I actually do snare her a combination of glacial storm that slows me and the crystallize wall or swerving to avoid the flash frost give her enough her time for the snare to wear off and her to get away. Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

Hughes De Payens

10-24-2012

Anivia is troublesome to deal with. She's hard to kill, she does a lot of damage, and her pushing is stupid with blue.

The best thing you can do is just push back as hard as you can and if she roams, follow her.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Certain champions are just not as good against certain others.
Anivia is good against short-ranged champions like Swain since her abilities are also relatively short ranged.

Also, she is good at pushing. If you are not also good at pushing, you're not going to be able to prevent creeps reaching your tower.

ExecutionerKen

10-24-2012

Swain DoT counter Anivia early game, and during mid game if Anivia build charlice she doesn't have sustain, while if she goes with Catalyst she will run oom (the mana regen from blue won't be enough)

Take advantage of both builds and the early game.