Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Would you be interested in a tabletop role playing game based on League of Legends?

I have played tabletop games before and would be interested in this. 18 50%
I have played tabletop games before, but don't think I'd bother playing a LoL RPG. 10 27.78%
I haven't played many (or any) tabletop RPG's before, but this interests me since it's LoL. 5 13.89%
I haven't played many (or any) tabletop RPG's before, and I doubt this would get me started, either. 1 2.78%
I have no idea what you're talking about. 2 5.56%
Voters 36 .

Poll: LoL Tabletop Game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

10-24-2012

The question's pretty simple here, honestly!

Have you ever played a tabletop role playing game before, and would you like to see a League of Legends based game of this nature?

The rough idea here is to determine the general interest both by players who have, and have not played such before.

TheNittles

10-24-2012

I've thought about it before. It could be fun, but it would be complicated without a standardized spell list. It would effectively be a Tabletop game mixed with a TCG. Each champ has a card that list their spells and how to use them.

apocWOOt

10-24-2012

So basically D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) expect LoL style. I would imagine role playing while CSing would be a bit boring though.

Skkyte

10-24-2012

The poll is a lie...

Edit: As someone that has never said this before. Let me now say "FIRST" vote.

Katsuni

10-24-2012

Quote:
Skkyte:
The poll is a lie...

Apparently it posts the post itself while you're still putting up the poll questions O.o;

Dericious Ramen

10-24-2012

I've been playing tabletops for quite some time now, and I really enjoy them. I would enjoy this concept, if you remove a bulk of the mechanics involved in LoL. The primary mechanic removed being CS and farm, as taking turns in initiative order would bring a 45 minute game to several, several hours. You'd likely need to scale the map down slightly to accommodate for slow movement speeds. I could go on and on, or I could just summarize...

It would be interesting if you started everyone at the late game, and reduced the size of the map due to how slow movement works in most of the grid based systems out there.

or

If you used a wargame system as the foundation.

TheWolfSage

10-24-2012

How would this even work?

I mean, you can't exactly do it in a SR map, and that's the only context we've seen them in. Otherwise you may as well just play LoL.

Plus, the average spellcaster in D&D has somewhere around... roughly a crapton of spells. No character in this game (minus transforming champs) have more than 4. Plus a passive.

Dericious Ramen

10-24-2012

Quote:
TheWolfSage:
How would this even work?

I mean, you can't exactly do it in a SR map, and that's the only context we've seen them in. Otherwise you may as well just play LoL.

Plus, the average spellcaster in D&D has somewhere around... roughly a crapton of spells. No character in this game (minus transforming champs) have more than 4. Plus a passive.

Think more along the lines of tabletop games, and not D&D in particular. You would easily be able to convert some of the champs over into a character in a unique format, and procede to use them. Look at 40k wargaming, and for D&D, look at 3rd level 4e characters, 3e 2nd lev characters, and 2e 3rd lev characters. Either way, it'd be a new system, or an extreme mod of a pre-existing one. You movement would work better as hexes....

Now I'm really thinking, may consider writing up some stuff at this.

@Wolf; Not trying to contest anything, just ranting to see how it'd play out.

Scarey

10-24-2012

A big interest from table top RPGs or pen and paper RPGs is the ability to create and customize your character. In LoL, a big draw is selecting from the many and varied charactes that are available to you. I'm not sure your idea would translate.

I think a strategic board game would be ideal. I personally would be interested in that. I am not interested in an RPG though. Sorry.

The Tentakill

Recruiter

10-24-2012

In all honesty, out of all the tabletop games out there, I think LoL would most comfortably fit as a Heroclix expansion as opposed to D&D or the like.

I think it would be an awesome concept for a LoL tabletop, either way, though. So +1.