What type of map do you prefer?

Dominion-Esque - Turret Caps, Map Utility, etc. 3 23.08%
Summoner's Rift-Esque - Classic Tower Defense, Strategic Sustain, etc. 10 76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

If 3v3 is now Dominion, Why didn't they just make The Magma Chamber?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perplx TesseN

10-24-2012

Honestly, and I'm not bashing on anyone, I'm just wondering what's the point of having 2 Dominion maps now :P

So, what's next Riot?

I love classic "Tower Defense", Dominion is NOT classic, it's typically players getting VERY reckless and disregarding the flow that Summoner's Rift brings us. I feel like the Dominion maps could never truly become viable in a 'World Championship' status. We need another map that really pushes the community to a new level of competition and ability.

After Dominion was released Summoners seemed to get more reckless in general, I fear for the future of Summoner's Rift if this happens again. People started getting kills/deaths of around 50 for each team. Dominion made us lose our "cautious" selves to the madness :P

Before Dominion, an average death rate was about 20-25 kills for each team.

We need another Classic 5v5 map like Summoner's Rift!!

In case you never saw it: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Magma_Chamber <--- I require this XD

I LOVED the way The Magma Chamber looked, as well as it's potential. An EPIC 5v5 Tower Defense map is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Edit: To clarify; YES, Tower Defense. 95% of our time in League is spend 'Defending Towers', combine with the generalized MoBA, birthed League of Legends.

Perplx TesseN

10-24-2012

Just finished creating the Poll! Had a few errands to run :P

Ezra09

10-24-2012

3v3 isn't dominion though. In Dominion, you drain enemy points by capping objectives. In classic, you push lanes to get to and destroy the nexus. The alters in the new Twisted Treeline are simply a secondary objective, like red, blue, dragon and baron. The point of the game is still to destroy the enemy nexus by pushing towers.

Perplx TesseN

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezra09 View Post
3v3 isn't dominion though. In Dominion, you drain enemy points by capping objectives. In classic, you push lanes to get to and destroy the nexus. The alters in the new Twisted Treeline are simply a secondary objective, like red, blue, dragon and baron. The point of the game is still to destroy the enemy nexus by pushing towers.
I see.. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this topic then.

I feel like the mass map utility, and capping of such things is a little too.. Dominion-y.

I suppose all I'm really trying to say is that we need another map that is more about the classic feel. We've got 2 map utility based games, now we need another Classic to balance it all out!

LawlerBrawler

10-24-2012

First of all classic LoL definitely does not fall into the "tower defense" genre.
Secondly, I believe magma chamber was canceled b/c they couldn't get a balanced version of it together. That in itself does not bode well for getting another 5v5 classic map. Although I would love to see one >.>

Perplx TesseN

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
First of all classic LoL definitely does not fall into the "tower defense" genre.
Secondly, I believe magma chamber was canceled b/c they couldn't get a balanced version of it together. That in itself does not bode well for getting another 5v5 classic map. Although I would love to see one >.>
I do agree with what you've said for the most part, though I do see LoL as a "Tower Defense" game.. It's just far more complex, MoBA version. I mean... 95% of the game is IN FACT defending towers.. XD

But you know, to each their own.

On the other hand, I feel like The Magma Chamber could be balanced or remade to function properly. They put all that work into the Chamber and then canned it? I know they have all that left over data to continue working on the map. I just feel like they should keep going in a more "Classic" direction, instead of going for this Dominion **** :[

I did learn my fair share from Dominion in the aggression side but really when it comes down to it, it feels like a pointless waste of time running around like a chicken with your head cut off D: