Here is how the altar's work (Clearing up some confusion)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clockworksummonr

10-24-2012

I have seen some people think the atlars need recapturing, some people think the atlar gold bonus only apply to champion kills, etc. I have played the PBE and I want to clear up how the Altars work for those who have not/can't play the PBE

They unlock about 90 seconds into the game. After about 90 seconds you are free to capture them, capture time decreases per how many people are inside of the altar, if you have an enemy inside of the altar capture time stops.

One person can capture the altar in around 9-10ish seconds and is unable to be captured by the other team for 90s. (it is shorter than recalling and walking back)

The +4g bonus applies to CS AND champion kills, not just champion kills.

Once the Altar is captured by one team they can keep the Altar buff the whole match as long as the other team does not capture it.

and if one team captures both altar's AP is increased by 10% and AD is increased by 10%

This is Aru

10-24-2012

Definitely isn't intuitive...

Draconic74

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasaaz View Post
Definitely isn't intuitive...
Actually, it kind of is. Between the audio cues, the buff on the buff bar, and visuals, it is extremely intuitive.

Heck, the buff even says "You have X number of altars, so this is what you get for them:"
The audio cue that plays when someone caps basically translates to "This altar is free to be recaptured in 90 seconds"
There is a giant lock and chains across an altar when you can't cap it, and it is colored according to team on the minimap

The one thing most people don't realize at first is that once you have capped a point, it stays on your team for the entire game, it is only locked for 90 seconds and then no longer needs to be recaptured. You learn that pretty quick when you waste time trying to recapture your own points, but the progress bar never shows up.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

I think he meant what isn't intuitive is having 6 people gather over the things to collect an essential buff every 90 seconds when the point of the game is to push down the towers and kill the nexus.

Papuga

10-24-2012

The alters will act like the Baron buff in SR. Why take the time to kill Baron when all you have to do is destroy the nexus? Getting the buff gives your team an advantage and makes taking other objectives easier.

Clockworksommonr, thanks for clearing up how the alters work. : )