"Gank Tax"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freakyweakywoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

When should the jungle take CS and push solo lanes?

and, can you explain the game mechanics of it?

So if the gank fails, Jungle takes CS, I think okay he is in danger of falling behind, thier mid is at his tower, so we push the wave into the tower, jungle and I share XP, other mid loses XP to the tower, wave resets. Is this right or am I totally wrong?

If gank works, we push and hammer on the tower to try to take it down, wave will reset before thier mid gets back if we don't take the tower? Again, is this right or am I wrong?

Thanks.

Elitefoo

10-24-2012

I am a huge fan of this because you get early damage on the tower. I have had people AFK on other teammates for doing this, which I find is counter-productive...

Damage on towers + making their lane miss XP and Gold = pressuring lanes and securing leads

Then again, I main support and I wholeheartedly agree that more people should listen to the directions supports gives to lanes to push, fallback, get objectives etc.

Fiveofswords

10-24-2012

no just depends. If my gank is going to fail i usually know it quickly and i jsut abort...a fail gank for me isnt going to waste mroe than 10-15 seconds or so.usually have someplace else i wanna be asap.im also often using the time spent goign there to drop a ward so its never totalyl wasted.
if after the gank the laning allies are very low health and go b...i will push the lane jsut because they lose less cs on their was back (enemy minions probably wont quite have reached your tower yet)
if i plan on being in the lane a while and they went back...or died...i jsut farm normally, freeze the lane. Better that someone is there than noone.
sometimes i jsut hang out in a lane cause its lookign dangerous for someone. I may or may not steal some of their cs during that
even if your gank succeeds it can be dangerous to push to the tower cause that can take some time and there may be been people en route when they saw the gank start but didnt get there in time. Depends on if you have stuff warded well.

playerwinner

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyweakywoo View Post
When should the jungle take CS and push solo lanes?

and, can you explain the game mechanics of it?

So if the gank fails, Jungle takes CS, I think okay he is in danger of falling behind, thier mid is at his tower, so we push the wave into the tower, jungle and I share XP, other mid loses XP to the tower, wave resets. Is this right or am I totally wrong?

If gank works, we push and hammer on the tower to try to take it down, wave will reset before thier mid gets back if we don't take the tower? Again, is this right or am I wrong?

Thanks.
Take cs from an empty lane whenever possible its better gold/xp but if the person who is in that lane is just about back to it then see if you can go counter jungle or clear some of your own camps.

I only push a lane when I know that the person in that lane isnt going to be back to it real soon. Like say your mid or bottom switches lanes to gank and there going to have to respawn before they get to the lane then I will actually push it so its not as close to the tower.

I think if the gank fails and there mid is still there you should go do wraiths and remain in the area because he likely used his escape and its possibly still on cooldown if he comes out then go for another gank attempt. I dont think taking your mids cs/experience is the right thing to do if the gank failed. You should have a build that is for situations where the game has been really passive and your not getting a good gold income (heart of gold, philosophers stone)

If there mid does respawn then yes push the lane hard and get hits on the tower

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Here's my simple rule of taking lane CS, there is two times you can do it.

LAST HIT (Key word, last hit) while he is at the base and the tower would be taking the minions. Towers cannot use farm.

When I gank I usually take 1-3 LAST HITS I see available I can get without disrupting my movement.

Unless you're taking the tower, I never push a lane unless they say they want to push. Usually, you will want to keep farming until a certain stage.

Once a turret is destroyed, ganks on that lane become harder, so I like leaving them up until the lane is done using it.

Mogs01gt

10-24-2012

You want to try and freeze the lane but not push it.

KnightxSScarlett

10-25-2012

Gank Taxes are rising because of Obama. We'd never see this under Romney. Vote Romney 2012!

VanillaCrunch

10-25-2012

I usually have smite up when I gank and use it on the Siege Minion. You'd be surprised on how much damage it deals.

TheRageWay

10-25-2012

I always take some CS when the gank works and fails because I fell that i took the time to gank your lane let me get some CS...

Arazath

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageinta Warrior View Post
Gank Taxes are rising because of Obama. We'd never see this under Romney. Vote Romney 2012!
Get out.