Losing 5vs4 - NOT GG

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PensukeD

Member

10-01-2010

I thought "GG" was just a polite thing to say at the end of a game similar to a handshake after a sports game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiftyseven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-01-2010

imo the polite thing to say after 5v4 is actually how not fun it was and wish the good luck next time to your opponents, who got the leaver. thats what i do anyway. i kinda think its much more of a good sportsmanship and handshake than your generic cheesy "GG"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abedeus

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Good game is more of a respectful game finisher, quite a few games use this. For example, Hockey, teams are forced to exchange respectful handshakes after a game not because it was supposedly a good game but to say thank you for playing with me. Another example can also be the board game Go, players at the end are required to exchange respects such as "Thanks for the game". Since on the internet we have no way of really exchanging handshakes, and "Thanks for the game" is too long near the end we instead say "Good game".
Except it's not much of a sportsmanship when you win a game due to number advantage.

Saying "good game" when neither of the teams is supposed to feel satisfaction is just idiotic. Unless someone takes pleasure only in beating someone who has less players and is going to lose anyway and can't win in a fair fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftyseven View Post
imo the polite thing to say after 5v4 is actually how not fun it was and wish the good luck next time to your opponents, who got the leaver. thats what i do anyway. i kinda think its much more of a good sportsmanship and handshake than your generic cheesy "GG"
Exactly. That would be awesome thing to do. I often say it, like "sorry for the leavers, bg". It's just not fun losing or winning against an inferior team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abedeus View Post
Except it's not much of a sportsmanship when you win a game due to number advantage.

Saying "good game" when neither of the teams is supposed to feel satisfaction is just idiotic. Unless someone takes pleasure only in beating someone who has less players and is going to lose anyway and can't win in a fair fight.
It's sportsmanship either way you look at it. Do not look at "good game" as a literal meaning, saying gg doesn't neccessarily mean you guys had a great game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raejack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-01-2010

there is no way around this, people on the internet are ****heads. accept the fact and move on. don't take it personally


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abedeus

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
It's sportsmanship either way you look at it. Do not look at "good game" as a literal meaning, saying gg doesn't neccessarily mean you guys had a great game.
Do you always clap your hands after a terrible performance? Or cheer "HOORAY!" after losing?

Seems weird to say one thing and say another.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synergize

Member

10-01-2010

"gg" doesn't LITERALLY mean "good game" when said after a game. It's more of a handshake than an actual acronym for "good game". The tradition could be to type ~+)#):"&#\ after a game and it would mean the same thing as "gg".

Of course it's not a good game when there's a leaver. "gg" is just a quick, lazy way to say "thanks for playing".

I don't see how you don't understand this, previous posters tried to explain it :|


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AwwGasm

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Theres a huge difference between

gg
and
LOL GG NUBS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abedeus View Post
Do you always clap your hands after a terrible performance? Or cheer "HOORAY!" after losing?

Seems weird to say one thing and say another.
Do you boo and throw tomatoes in that case? Do you say "Better luck next time!" to the performer in front of everyone else?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DustySkull

Senior Member

10-01-2010

maybe ppl doesnt know what GG mean?


123