Dominion, and it's champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iktheq

10-24-2012

So, after over 1,000 games of LoL, I decide that I enjoy Dominion. I don't always have 45 minutes of time that I can devote entirely to a game, and Dominion solves that problem for me. However, there are a very limited list of champions that play well in Dominion, and it has become incredibly frustrating. Rengar can literally appear and kill me, within .3 seconds, and that is just one example. Most assassins have a remarkable advantage, ap assassins even more, and combine that with deathfire... I realize that there are ways to counter this, but it is a small window, and it just seems as though character build has reached a rut. Burst damage gap closers rule this game with an iron fist. I am not asking for a great change, I am not asking for anything (This game is free, and I can simply stop playing if I wish) I am just trying to call some attention to it.

Tempestphile

10-24-2012

DFG nerf coming
Rengar nerf coming
Jayce nerf coming (minor nerfs)

FDru

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iktheq View Post
Rengar can literally appear and kill me, within .3 seconds, and that is just one example. Most assassins have a remarkable advantage, ap assassins even more, and combine that with deathfire... I realize that there are ways to counter this, but it is a small window, and it just seems as though character build has reached a rut.
Going through your last 10 games... it appears that you're unaware of the tab in the store labeled "defense". I hate to be the one to break it to you, but glass cannon builds don't work in Dominion (unless you're Jayce because then you're retarded OP). Especially when you're playing champs like Sona, or Morgana who can do absolutely fine with tanky builds. Don't just build Abyssal, build Odyn's Veil, and build Frozen Heart.

In short: assassins gonna assassinate. But they sure look dumb when you actually have defense against them and they can't burst you down anymore.

Orphane

10-24-2012

Like Fdru said, I think you would be pleasantly surprised at how a little defense goes a loooong way.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

let me Add usually a chain vest is enough for the first 8-10 minutes you should still Upgrade the Chain vest but a little defense means you dont die and still contribute, why else would Lulu be Op on Dominion?; free tacos?. <-- and Seriously man not Trolling, Lulu is pure evil and dowright Op in the gamemode

Iktheq

10-24-2012

Thank you for the feedback, I will take your advice. I was stuck in my own character build, it seems, and I will rectify it.

grimunk

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempestphile View Post
DFG nerf coming
Ouch. That DFG nerf just took away my viable veigar build. Before I could rely on DFG to help me get through mid-game but now I come up short. Looks like I'll be losing more games now instead of the 50-50 I've been getting. <3 Riot!