Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zerka, Bladesman of the Wind

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stacona

10-23-2012

Zerka will be primarily a melee mage with great ranges on his abilities and AoE...
The character's movement is him always floating kind of like Janna...

Quote:

Swift Like the Wind (Passive):
Zerka ignores all unit collision.
Additionally, every time Zerka casts an ability he gains 10% movement speed for 3 seconds and stacks up to 3 times (30% maximum movement speed increase, duration resets on each ability cast).

Wind Slash (Q): ~ Cooldown: 6 seconds ~ Mana Cost: 60
Zerka sends forth a powerful wind as a cone [45 degrees] skill shot [range 800 units] with his blade dealing [70/120/170/220/270(+70%AP)] magic damage. Additionally, enemy units struck by Wind Slash are marked with the Element of Wind for the next 5 seconds (this function will interact with his other abilities).

Pulse of Wind (W): ~ Cooldown: 10 seconds ~ Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Passive: Zerka's blade is strengthened with the wind's strength dealing [12/24/36/48/60(+20%AP)] bonus magic damage with each basic attack.

Active: Zerka sends out a pulse of wind around [radius 475 units] him pushing back all enemy units and slowing [20/25/30/35/40% for 3 seconds] and deals [50/95/140/185/230(+55%AP)] magic damage to all enemy units.

Element of Wind Effect: Striking an unit with the Element of Wind will consume the mark and heal Zerka for 6/12/18/24/30(+6%AP) for each mark consumed through either his basic attacks or Pulse of Wind's active effect.

Razor Wind (E): ~ Cooldown: 13/12/11/10/9 seconds ~ Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110/120
Zerka throws a blade from his left and catches it on his right [circular skillshot, radius 600, damage (and other effects) is only within the perimeter of the circle, can hit a target 1200 units from him], he uses very powerful, razor sharp wind to curve the blade in a circular path dealing [70/105/140/175/210(+50%AP)] magic damage to every target hit

Element of Wind Effect: Striking an unit with the Element of Wind will consume the mark and stun the target for 1.5 seconds.

Power of the Wind (R) (Ultimate): ~ Cooldown: 120/105/90 seconds ~ Mana Cost: 100/125/150
Zerka calls upon [placement radius 700 units] the power of the wind to swirl about after a short delay to bring all enemy units together [area radius 400 units] and dealing [150/225/300(+70%AP)] magic damage.

Element of Wind Effect: After the effects of Power of the Wind have been finished if any Element of Wind was consumed on an enemy champion, that player now has reversed controls for 2/2.5/3 seconds. Enemy minions will be confused and attack their own team for the same duration {if they somehow managed to survive}.
CLARIFICATION: The enemy champion will move in the opposite direction that the player told the champion to move in and skill shots and placement abilities will also be shot/placed in the mirror opposite direction (point and click too).

EDIT ONE:
Buffed Wind Slash to have a flat 60 mana cost at each rank instead of a scaling mana cost of 55/60/65/70/75
Gave an Element of Wind effect to his ultimate Power of the Wind
Buffed Air Dueling to deal 15/30/45/60/75(+25%AP) instead of 10/20/30/40/50(+20%AP) bonus magic damage on each basic attack
Buffed Air Dueling to slow all enemy unit's by 30/35/40/45/50% instead of 25/30/35/40/45%
Buffed Air Dueling's Element of Wind effect to 6/12/18/24/30(+12%AP) healing per mark from 5/10/15/20/25(+10%AP)

EDIT TWO:
Swift Like the Wind had the 10% crowd control reduction removed, but had the movement speed bonus increased to 10% from 8% (maximum bonus 30% from 24%) and the duration increased to 3 seconds from 2 seconds
Air Dueling has its cooldown increased to 8 from 7 seconds and mana cost increased to 50/60/70/80/90 from 40/50/60/70/80 and the radius decreased to 500 from 550
Air Dueling has its passive reduced in damage to 12/24/36/48/60(+20%AP) from 15/30/45/60/75(+25%AP), but now deals 50/95/140/185/230(+50%AP) instead of 10/15/20/35/30 magic resistance reduction
Element of Wind effect for Air Dueling the healing has been reduced to 6%AP from 12%AP
Air Dueling is now called Pulse of Wind
Razor Wind the placement radius has been increased, but the base damage has been decreased at later ranks to 40/55/70/85/100 from 40/60/80/100/120

EDIT THREE:
Added a displacement effect to Pulse of Wind to push enemy units way from him to the peak of the AoE to match the ability's name a little more, to compensate for the added CC the radius has been reduced to 475 from 500 and slow to 20/25/30/35/40% from 30/35/40/45/50%, increased the AP ratio to 55% from 50%
Razor Wind has been changed to match his theme more with the "Bladesman of the Wind" to him having an AoE circular skill-shot nuke where he throws a blade and uses the wind to curve it and makes it come back to him in a circular path instead of an AoE magic damage per second placement ability, the stunning effect with the Element of Wind is still in place with this ability

EDIT FOUR:
Increased the cooldown of Pulse of Wind to 10 seconds from 8 seconds

~Stacona

Stacona

10-24-2012

Edit One:

Stacona

10-24-2012

People please comment and reply and let me know what you think

TheHat27

10-24-2012

Passive:
Fizz's passive is very similar, he avoids unit collision and takes less basic attack damage. As both are melee mages we can compare them closly here. This passive seems a bit much as it is three abilities, two of which stack. Maybe just take out the tenacity? That or take away the stack on the movement speed. Personally I like the stacking movement speed better then the tenacity

Q: All is well. It's a great Q actually.

W: Basic attack damage increased, AoE stun, Reduces Magic Resistance, AND Spell Vamp? Dude, take at least one thing out. That is a good enough spell to be an ulti practically. Compare it to Morgana's W. Her passive is spell vamp(so, a completely different ability) she only makes them lose a max of 8 magic resistance and that is only WHILE THEY ARE ON IT, and there is no passive buff, especially one that can become stronger with more AP! This skill is just way over powered. It is awesome, but overpowered.

Q: & W combo, it says that he gains life for each stack consumed, the stacks last for 5 seconds, and the Q's cooldown is 6 seconds. So, they wont ever have more then one stack.

E: I love it, the possibility of a stun is nice, though I think the whole thing (not stun, just area) either lasts to long or does to much damage. You can get a few champs in that and just murder them if you build flat AP because of the scaling. Especially if you can stun 2-3 of them in it at once.

R: I like that it is kind of a ranged and nonself-sacrificial version of Galio's ult, but I don't like the confusion. It is great in concept, but as we use mice to control our characters movement and not the keyboard it wouldn't really work. Especially if they clicked on the minimap their own base, where would they go then? The enemies (your) base? Though I like the skill shot's missing idea.

I would also like to see a character description, so far I have an idea what I think it should look like, but I'm not sure. Keep going with the design though!

Also, please review mine!
na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2715649

Ragnarokio

10-24-2012

This is my first time coming to this forum so don't take my opinion too seriously o:

Problems I have:

-The passive seems too complex to me. like hatty said, it's trying to do three unrelated things. I like the ignoring unit collision and the movement speed boost since they both tie together well with the character concept. The movement speed boost is pretty short to stack three times i think. I'm wondering if it's even possible to cast three abilities and have time to move in three seconds o: I might reccomend increasing the duration and reducing the boost or number of times stacked.

-I want Air Dueling to deal damage. It's okay if it doesn't probably but it feels like being a mage his goal should be to burst down opponents and a raw cc ability doesn't go well with that goal. I would recommend taking the magic resistance reduction out and putting in magic damage in its stead.

-The ultimate's effect might be a little to eccentric for my tastes. It's also doing multiple really eccentric things which makes it even more overwhelming. I like the confusing enemy minions part but I don't like the clash with dealing large aoe damage to all of them first. This is something that could be really fun though, so it's the kind of thing i'd want to playtest before making a decision on taking it out or not.

I like the character concept, It's given me a good first impression of this forum. This looks like the type of character I would definitely want to try and play.

Stacona

10-24-2012

passive - stack with tenacity which all tenacity is 35% reduction will increase that by 10% giving 38.5% crowd control reduction - its to help him stay mobile as much as possible - the stacking isn't an adding stacking, its multiplication - the movement speed bonus stacking is adding

W - The passive does less damage than cho'gath's and is only single target, the active is only a slow and mr debuff - there is no stun there, and the heal works the same way as skarner's heal - but you may not want to use your Wind of Elements for a small heal when you can stun the targets or have a unique cc from his ult ~ morg's mr shred stacks infinitely - and the active is more karthus wall with a weaker slow and less range and doesnt sit in a location - its for sticking with an opponent and winning trades with slow, mr shred, extra basic attack damage (magic damage), and potential heal- you can only use a mark one time then it disappears forever until you use your Q again ~ 20% spell vamp is a lot (morg's passive)

the mark's get replaced - they don't stack unto each other - so you cannot double mark proc anyone for twice the effect or anything

E - maximum damage is 480+100%AP at rank 5 - did make sure it was weaker than Anivia ult - i may ton down the base value slightly later - but i wanted to make sure he has good wave clearing abilities as well since one of his basic spell is just a single target basic attack modifier

R - the consumed mark effect is mirrored movement - so if you click to move let's say 1000 units north, you would go 1000 units south - the pathing on the minimap will show where the character is actually moving to - the confused minions will never happen because 140% ap and 570 base damage (Q+R combo) will blow up any minion wave, but super minions / promoted minions

Quote:
TheHat27:
Passive:
Fizz's passive is very similar, he avoids unit collision and takes less basic attack damage. As both are melee mages we can compare them closly here. This passive seems a bit much as it is three abilities, two of which stack. Maybe just take out the tenacity? That or take away the stack on the movement speed. Personally I like the stacking movement speed better then the tenacity

Q: All is well. It's a great Q actually.

W: Basic attack damage increased, AoE stun, Reduces Magic Resistance, AND Spell Vamp? Dude, take at least one thing out. That is a good enough spell to be an ulti practically. Compare it to Morgana's W. Her passive is spell vamp(so, a completely different ability) she only makes them lose a max of 8 magic resistance and that is only WHILE THEY ARE ON IT, and there is no passive buff, especially one that can become stronger with more AP! This skill is just way over powered. It is awesome, but overpowered.

Q: & W combo, it says that he gains life for each stack consumed, the stacks last for 5 seconds, and the Q's cooldown is 6 seconds. So, they wont ever have more then one stack.

E: I love it, the possibility of a stun is nice, though I think the whole thing (not stun, just area) either lasts to long or does to much damage. You can get a few champs in that and just murder them if you build flat AP because of the scaling. Especially if you can stun 2-3 of them in it at once.

R: I like that it is kind of a ranged and nonself-sacrificial version of Galio's ult, but I don't like the confusion. It is great in concept, but as we use mice to control our characters movement and not the keyboard it wouldn't really work. Especially if they clicked on the minimap their own base, where would they go then? The enemies (your) base? Though I like the skill shot's missing idea.

I would also like to see a character description, so far I have an idea what I think it should look like, but I'm not sure. Keep going with the design though!

Also, please review mine!
na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2715649

feel free to post any good art work for him, lore, description, etc... keeping in mind of have a janna look to him in a sense where it is light coloured / white/ friendly to an extent

Stacona

10-24-2012

passive - The duration resets every time you cast an ability - so you can get 5+ seconds of movement speed

Quote:
Ragnarokio:
This is my first time coming to this forum so don't take my opinion too seriously o:

Problems I have:

-The passive seems too complex to me. like hatty said, it's trying to do three unrelated things. I like the ignoring unit collision and the movement speed boost since they both tie together well with the character concept. The movement speed boost is pretty short to stack three times i think. I'm wondering if it's even possible to cast three abilities and have time to move in three seconds o: I might reccomend increasing the duration and reducing the boost or number of times stacked.

-I want Air Dueling to deal damage. It's okay if it doesn't probably but it feels like being a mage his goal should be to burst down opponents and a raw cc ability doesn't go well with that goal. I would recommend taking the magic resistance reduction out and putting in magic damage in its stead.

-The ultimate's effect might be a little to eccentric for my tastes. It's also doing multiple really eccentric things which makes it even more overwhelming. I like the confusing enemy minions part but I don't like the clash with dealing large aoe damage to all of them first. This is something that could be really fun though, so it's the kind of thing i'd want to playtest before making a decision on taking it out or not.

I like the character concept, It's given me a good first impression of this forum. This looks like the type of character I would definitely want to try and play.

Stacona

10-25-2012

leave replies please

Stacona

10-25-2012

give me feedback

suckitifshewana

10-25-2012

his skills are cool, but in my opinion hes too strong..... he has too much CC. he has a ranged aoe stun every 9 seconds at level 18 without any CD reduction. with 40% he would be OP. his ult is also too confusing, riot doesn't like abilities that are too complicated. and his abilities really dont have anything to do with the wind. for example,his W:

Active: Zerka sends out a pulse of wind around [radius 500 units] him slowing [30/35/40/45/50% for 3 seconds] and deals [50/95/140/185/230(+50%AP)] magic damage to all enemy units.

you could replace "pulse of wind" with "pulse of light" or "pulse of gravity" etc. and it wouldnt really matter. none of his abilities are really wind themed besides his passive, and maybe his ult. a tornado would make sense for the effect of his ult. i would remove the reversed controls and replace it with something else, maybe it could apply a "disoriented" effect that makes them walk in random directions. if i were you i would make a new champ that is wind themed, keep the ult for the new wind champ and use it for that, and take his QWE and use those for a new fighter champ.