Tri force for xin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnthonyMaiJr

10-23-2012

Should I get it if so when?

TheOneMillion

10-23-2012

Triforce is a great item for xin, and has basicly every stat he could want. Though the recent nerf to the Q crit did make the crit a little less valuable, but everything else is fantastic, even the AP. AP gives nice life per 3 hits back and adds a little more burst to his dash. The chance to slow helps him alot for his Q.

As for when to get it, that i dont know, but i would say early would probably be good because each individual piece of TF is helpful to xin.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

10-23-2012

Uhm, for the cost of Triforce... No. I really don't see this being that great to build on Xin unless you're just WAY ahead on gold.

Xin is either in the jungle, in which case, you're at least building Wriggles first, or he's a solotop, in which case, you're probably the bruiser off-tank, so you typically should be building a Frozen Mallet first.

And Triforce is just so expensive that if it's not the first item you're building, it's typically not worth going after.

The only time I can really see a Triforce is if you've got like an Alistar support and a Maokai jungle or some such combo of tanky support and jungler so you can just build pure damage, in which case, sure, go ahead and rush out a triforce. I'd build in this order though: Phage, Zeal, Sheen.

MrRecht

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Nope. Bad item for xin methinks. His abilites don't have short enough cooldowns for the sheen part of the triforce to be usefull. He benifits from the AS and slow though. It's just not cost effective.

I feel like it'd be much better just to get the frozen mallet and a phantom dancer instead.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-24-2012

Frozen mallet + cleaver

Warrrrax

10-24-2012

Triforce is overpowered, plain and simple. There are literally TONS of champs that use it, even when they really have no business doing so.
But stupid Riot goes and nerfs all the other items, and does stuff like nerf the MS on Phantom Dancer which nobody ever even gets, let alone rushes.

The reason triforce sucks on Xin (in theory) is that Xin charges someone and then rolls face over the keyboard, triggering all skills at once. This is for good reason because his Q and W are big autoattack boosters, and R gives him the survivability and extra upfront burst.
This means you get 1 whole triforce damage proc and then are totally dependent on cooldowns. With no CDR since you rushed Triforce, you dont really have a lot of opportunities to get additional procs until your Charge recharges from your Q hits, and then your Q resets.
Xin is also an autoattacker, and as you all know, autoattackers damage snowballs bigtime as they get AD/AS/crit. Triforce costs a fortune but only applies a mediocre amount of AS/AD/crit relative to its cost. Therefore it isnt really the best item for him.
Compared to many other triforce users who can spread their skills out so they can reliably trigger the big damage proc every few seconds.

Buuut, in practice, Triforce really works with ANYONE practically. Xin does use the AS/AD/crit, and also likes the health and especially the movespeed boost. The snare is useful and stacks with Xins built in snareage and is very likely to proc. Even the AP is useful for Charge and Lifesteal-ish effect, so mana is the only really underused stat.

Personally I would recommend a Ghostblade instead. The brutalizer is easy to assemble in pieces and quite good on its own, and the ghostblade gives Xin a lot of autoattacking boosts, with substantial AD, crit, and the armor penetration which comboes with his 15% APen (which is extremely unusual as percent is normally applied after flat pen). The CDR is excellent with Xins kit allowing him to re-Charge much quicker than normal and re-apply his Q.
The clickey greatly increases DPS with the 50% AS, and movespeed ability to chase down enemies that are fleeing.
The Ghostblade gives Xin the IE/PD style functionality at a fraction of the cost and it works well with Xins charge and faceroll style so its less likely to be forgotten.