Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hide and Seek Rules

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylver

10-23-2012

These are the hide and seek rules I play with:

Can be played blind or draft according to preference

There are two seekers and 5 hiders. Seekers are on the right.

Evelynn and Twisted Fate are autobanned. Don't ban them, don't pick them.

Hiders have 5 lives.

If any hider has 1 or more lives after 40 minutes the hiders win.

Seekers leave at 2:00

Seekers can purchase oracle's whenever they wish. I have had some players tell me about a rule where oracle's can only be purchased 15 minutes in and until recently I had never heard of it so I don't play with it.

Hiders cannot b or walk back to base. They can only buy items when they die.

Hiders cannot use pure damage skills unless they build Rylai's. Do this at your own risk, however, to do the next rule.

Hiders cannot kill seekers. Period. If they do they lose a life. Doesn't matter if they afk by a shaco box. If a hider gets the kill they lose a life. This means you need to think twice about shroom/box placement and building items like rylai's.

However, seekers have to back if they have less than 200 HP AFTER they get a kill. They do not have to until they get one kill.

Hiders may not build any pure damage items. Frozen mallet is banned for hiders.

Seekers may not build Lightbringer or Hextech Sweeper.

Hider's may not get their storm shield in the middle of the map. Seekers can.

Having the hiders stay together as a group and chain cc to escape IS allowed, but remember that the seeker does not have to b when low until either they get killed, costing the hider a life, or they get a kill.

Fifth Scheme

10-23-2012

This sounds like a fun game but what about boots and MS quints? Seekers shouldn't be allowed either for fair chase, after all they don't risk anything.

Have you already played several games like this? It seems that a seeker would abuse their low health and speed with boots/quints and you'd be unable to retaliate or CC.

I sense a lot of gaming by seekers that would make this lame for hiders.

Sylver

10-23-2012

Quote:
tawfvxfve:
This sounds like a fun game but what about boots and MS quints? Seekers shouldn't be allowed either for fair chase, after all they don't risk anything.

Have you already played several games like this? It seems that a seeker would abuse their low health and speed with boots/quints and you'd be unable to retaliate or CC.

I sense a lot of gaming by seekers that would make this lame for hiders.

They have to b after 1 kill. I used to make it so that yes, seekers have to b when they get low, but the problem is what ended up happening is all the hiders would group up, and whenever a seeker got close to wherever they were hiding the hiders would jump on them, burst them to very low and run so that the seekers had to b immediately and couldn't do anything making the game unwinnable for seekers. Hide and seek cannot be played if there is an incentive in attacking the seekers. It just doesn't work. Making it so they can abuse their low health but only for one kill makes sure the game doesn't become rediculously one sided either way.