Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Worst Champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tipttt

10-24-2012

No champions are bad. I've been buyng champions considered underpowered so I could have a challenge, mostly Hecarim and Karma, and now they're two of my favorite and strongest champs. I think people think some champions are actually bad because they don't fit the meta, but once you forget the idea of 5 roles, period, everyone has their strength.

Karma, when you can manage her mana, especially once you get catalyst, is a killer top lane and Hecarim has some of the most powerful ganking skills in the game. As for champs with high losing rates, that means nothing. Maybe lots of people play the champions because they got obliterated by them in a previous game but they can't play them, etc.

KhaptainKhan

10-24-2012

Twisted Fate

Best Furry NA

10-24-2012

No one has mentioned Xerath yet.

High skill cap, low mobility, underplayed. Yet bursty as hell with amazing range for kill securing.

Mostly viewed as bad, hard, or lacking... But I love him.

Another example. No "bad" champions; some just aren't viewed/played right.

MarlaMazzyHope

10-24-2012

Quote:
Ethlinlol:
I have been playing about a month now, and now that my rune page is filled up (And I got my last four runes ready for when I unlock the slots) I am going back to buying champions. For some stupid unknown reason I enjoy playing "bad" character in video games in general, who is generally considered the most terrible champions?

I like how half of the replies simply refuse to answer a straight forward question.

HE WANTS THE NAMES OF SOME CHAMPS, NOT YOUR LITTLE MOMENT OF ZEN.

Urgot is one, hes a ranged carry but has more utility qualities, and an ult that needs proper placement and timing.

Sejuani for sure.

Heimerdinger - just suffers from a ton of misunderstanding. I think people try out heimer, feed like crazy and the people watching have a terrifying imprint left in their minds.

Syndra, new, but fell out of favor FAST.

Viktor, he draws stuff in the dirt with a laser, that's all I know about him.

Lulu, a beast of a support, but shes not Sona or Soraka, so adc's will sh-t themselves if you pick her. And you'll have to tell them what her spells do, and it won't matter, they'll still run away from the target when you speed buff them.

Thats off the top of my head, GL

Pooptrapp

10-25-2012

There are no 'bad' champs, just a few unpopular ones. I can see why Karma has such a low play rate because honestly if you're going to play support, Soraka/Sona/Janna share a lot of her Support abilities in a way that is a little more helpful in teamfights etc. That doesn't mean Karma can't be played well, or Support the *** of a game to Victory. If you learn them properly, any champ is epic.

Cherryberryz

10-25-2012

I wouldnt say there are bad champss, i would just say soe are more complicated to play. but if your able to figure out how to master them any champion is good.

Lehstar

10-25-2012

"Bad" champs, "Good" champs. It really depends on the player, but from what I've seen there are some champs that are higher maintenance, and highly underappreciated. Sejuani, Zilean, Karma, Urgot; these are just a few. Not many people play them, and not many are able to realize their potential in game. Then there are the high teir champs that EVERYONE wants to play, such as Ezreal, Darius, Irelia, Ahri, Karthus, Sona, Shen, Corki, the list goes on. The reason why these champs are played are for their easily manageable mana, their global ults, their getaway card, and/or their ability to bully their lane.

TO be honest, in order to become a better player, it isn't about the champion, it's about how much knowledge you have of them and knowing stretegies. A 1600 ELO would (in most cases) know better than a 1300 ELO because they've played the game longer against people who know what they're doing. So instead of playing a "Bad" champion, try playing a random champ in each game. Click random and just go with it. Win or lose, you'll be a better player for it.

Furry Fatality

10-25-2012

khazix is butt at everything.

adc

10-25-2012

I can't decide if you kill furries, or if you are yourself a furry. All you play is Draven (and GP), so I'm not sure.

Troll Control

10-25-2012

gotta love the noobs who think there are no bad chars and its all about how you play them. There is a reason some characters are played in higher frequencies than others, and it is because some are better than others (gasp!). Since riot is making every character fit into the role of bruiser, ap, adc, support they have to make almost every character the same as every other one in that role with minor differences.

Trundle, Olaf, Renekton, Nasus, kayle, sejuani, are all good examples of weak or niche champions. No matter how skilled you are with these guys you are missing out by not picking someone else unless your team comp absolutely relies on Trundle or something (ya right.)

example: person above thinks karma played right would be epic. You think there is no skillcap for characters. A quick hint, all of the weak champions have very low skill caps. You can only be so good with Karma, she never gets epic no matter who you are unless you are playing people well below your skill level. You don't make logical sense by insisting that every character can be epic... compared to what exactly?